Job description / Role
An exciting opportunity is available for a well experience Palliative Care Consultant to be based for a rehabilitation facility in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Working with a patient and his or her family to identify, control or alleviate physical and emotional discomfort and other symptoms that often accompany a serious health condition.
• Focusing their time on providing expert management of patients’ symptoms, in addition to holding intensive meetings with family members, and ensuring that delivery of care is coordinated across the health care setting.
• Linking patients, caregivers and family members to available support groups and other services.
• Improving access to helpful information so patients can make well-informed, confident decisions about their care.
• Managing pain control, alleviation of psychosocial distress, provide support for spiritual concerns and meet the practical needs of the patient throughout the continuum of health care.
• Improving a patient’s and his or her family’s access to information that can help them to understand the patient’s condition and the range of treatment options available.
• Coordinating care across different settings by facilitating communication among providers, especially as changes occur in the patient’s condition and needs.
To be successful in this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Must have a degree in medicine specializing in palliative care
• Must have a valid board certification status.
• Have been in palliative care practice for at least 3 years
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.