Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Paralegal who can assist our Education team, the main job purpose is to support with marketing and business development. Be the liaison between government agencies and the team.
Performs administrative and clerical tasks as well as legal research and author articles as needed.
- Perform legal research, checking facts, gathering client information and evidence and completing paperwork.
- Write articles for Law Update and other publications when required
- Liaise with stakeholders internally and externally – including various government authorities
- Assist with targeting new clients
- Arranging meetings / contacting various authorities
- Coordination work with other teams/office etc
- Maintain physical and electronic filing systems
- Conduct billable work to some extent
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in similar role.
- General office skills: filing, faxing, emailing, meeting notes.
- Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work individually, on a project and/or in a team environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Complete discretion and ability to work with confidential information.
About the Company
Al Tamimi & Company is the largest and most dynamic non-affiliated law firm in the Middle East with 16 offices across 9 countries and comprising 330 lawyers.
Over the years we have advised, and continue to support, government, government-owned entities, local, regional and international companies, banks and financial institutions along with both international and regional law firms.
Our core strength is our people and the diversity of their experience and local knowledge. Our reputation for excellence and regional experience extends beyond our network of offices in UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah), Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Bahrain, Oman and Egypt. As a firm, our ability to practice local law in each of these jurisdictions - and the ability of each of our licensed litigators to have rights of audience before local courts - is a unique strength that truly sets us apart from our competitors.