Job description / Role
NTS Group are working alongside a leading multinational company to recruit a Paralegal in Dubai. The Paralegal will report to and work closely with the Group General Legal & Compliance Counsel to provide administrative support in legal processes, document development and legal analysis across various jurisdictions, and provide compliance advice as well as working with external counsel.
Key areas of work will include:
- Managing the company files including preparing documents for board and shareholder meetings, keeping company records in order, drafting and managing signatures of board and shareholder written resolutions, obtaining (and where necessary) having corporate documents certified for use outside of the UAE, company registration and trade license renewals, appointments and removals of directors, monitor corporate authorities including Delegation of Authorities and Powers of Attorney, set up a data base for access of commonly requested corporate documents with access rights for key personnel.
- Working with the Sales and Commercial teams to put in place and then implement standard group contracts, including contract approval processes.
- Assist with the review of customer provided contracts.
- Assist with compliance in the following areas: Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Anti Money Laundering, Competition Law, Trade/Sanctions, Whistleblower, Code of Conduct, including reviewing of policies and procedures, implementing policies, training, review of declarations and review of issues as they arise.
- Working on the Group’s banking and finance matters including reviewing loan agreements, guarantees, banking mandates, preparing board resolutions required for the same, KYC documentation, credit control - including assisting with any recovery actions – and preparation of case files and background briefs.
- Provide administrative and secretarial assistance including review of incoming correspondence, drafting and amending outgoing correspondence, proofreading and checking cross references in contracts, assisting with translation of documents (where necessary), meeting organization, preparing contracts for signature, arranging contracts to be signed and sent to the parties, general document control including filing of documents, monitoring of payment of accounts to outside counsel, assist with building a library of precedents to be used throughout the Group
AED 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + Benefits
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- A legal degree or diploma, or experience working in a legal environment
- Experience of working in a similar position in a global company
- Experience dealing across cultures and with developing countries
- Good basic legal knowledge in the following areas of law:
• Contracting and Procurement
- High integrity combined with a commitment to good governance
- Should be able to stand up when identifying inappropriate practises
- Good interpersonal & presentation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to interact with key stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and hands-on person
- Well organised
- Good time/management skills
- Good decision-making skills
About the Company
NTS Group is a leading specialist recruitment firm and experts at recruiting skilled, qualified and professional people in the Middle East.
Our promise is simple. To provide our clients and candidates an expert, professional and bespoke service whilst maintaining the highest levels of integrity and honesty.
NTS Group specialise within contingency, retained and search based recruitment campaigns across the following sectors;
Finance & Accountancy Professional Office Support Sales & Marketing Operations
To our clients, we understand people are your biggest asset and the future of your business. This is why we focus on understanding not only your technical requirements, but your culture, values and vision in order to find the right people for your business first time.
To our candidates, we believe in honesty, integrity and supporting you throughout the entire process. We listen to what you want and proactively go to market to assist you in finding your dream job.
Junior Legal Secretary
Legal Counsel Contract
Legal Associate - Private Equity
Jr. Legal Counsel - TMT
HR Source Consulting
|Abu Dhabi||1 Apr|