Job description / Role
The paralegal will have the following responsibilities
• Managing the company legal files including preparing documents for board and shareholder meetings, keeping company records in order, drafting and managing signatures of board and shareholder written resolutions, obtaining and (where necessary) having corporate documents certified for the use of outside UAE, company registration and trade license renewals, appointments and removals of directors, monitor corporate authorities including Delegation of Authorities and Powers of Attorney, set up a database for access of commonly requested corporate documents with access rights for key personnel.
• General document control including filing of documents, monitoring of payment of accounts to outside counsel, assist with building a library of precedents to be used throughout the Group. Legal maintenance of all contracts, documents; follow up on legal documents:
• Incorporation setup/official documents
• Trade Licenses.
• Conduct an intial review of varies types of the contracts.
• Provide administrative and secretarial assistance to Sr. Manager, Legal (MENA) including review of incoming correspondence, drafting and amending outgoing correspondence, proofreading and cross-checking references in contracts, assisting with translation of documents (where necessary), organizing meetings, preparing contracts for signature, arranging contracts to be signed and sent to the concerned parties,
• Dealing with legal authorities.
• Planning and organizing business schedule (meetings, flights etc.)
• Maintain regular management reporting on existing projects, including monitoring the timing and results of each project and keeping Sr. Manager, Legal (MENA) always up to date.
• Cooperation & liaison with external legal advisors where required, to ensure all documents are up to date, all parties are aware of the current status and to flag any potential issues.
• Researching the facts of the case as well as identifying the appropriate laws, judicial decisions, and legal articles relevant to the case.
• Maintain an awareness of developments in the legal field relevant to the organization, including reviewing and reporting on the implications of any new legislation.
• Paralegal associate’s degree or other relevant certification
• A legal degree or diploma, and experience working in a legal environment
• Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
• Extensive computer skills with MS Office environment and experience database maintenance.
• Experience of working in a similar position in a global company
• Experience dealing across cultures and with developing countries
• Good basic legal knowledge in the following areas of law:
- Contracting and Procurement
• High integrity combined with a commitment to good governance
• Good interpersonal & presentation skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Arabic language skills is a plus.
• Strong attention to detail and hands-on person
• Well organized
• Good time/management skills
• Good decision-making skills
About the Company
A leading multinational FMCG company with offices throughout the world is expanding in the MENA region and we are looking for people to join our energetic team.
Junior Associate - Legal
TGC Middle East
Alnair Mineral Services
Corporate/Commercial Paralegal or Associate
Abdo Rafiq & Partners
Junior Legal Associate / Corporate Service