Job description / Role
We're pleased to be assisting a highly regarded and leading global law firm with their search for a Paralegal.
This role will offer the successful applicant varied work within the on-shore Litigation team, servicing highly complex and long-running matters spanning the GCC and surrounding regions.
Paralegals within this specialised team are given work akin to an entry-level associate and are therefore recognised as significant members of the group.
Daily tasks can include:
* Conducting research, analysis and providing summary reports on matters of relevancy;
* Creating and maintaining document databases;
* Indexing, collating and filing of documents in preparation for court;
* Supporting the fee earners in their tasks including case investigation;
* Regular collaboration with the local advocates’ firm.
This firm actively promotes diversity and inclusion of background, perspective and culture amongst offices while also keeping an open dialogue on agile working arrangements where possible.
The opportunity represents a competitive salary package, an array of benefits consistent with a high calibre law firm, and the ability to broaden your knowledge base and professional collegiate network.
Listed below are the minimum expectations for technical skills, experience and qualifications which individuals need to meet in order to perform their role:
* Law graduate with either LLB Law degree, JD (or equivalent) and/or LLM;
* LPC (or equivalent) preferred;
* Previous Paralegal gained in an international litigation/arbitration practice, ideally in the Middle East;
* A down-to-earth and commercial communication style;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
* Arabic language skills would be advantageous but not essential;
* Demonstrated history of delivering a high quality client service;
* Use of initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and often demanding deadlines;
* Results orientated, with a pragmatic and flexible approach to work.
About the Company
Barratt Galvin is an Australian based business providing recruitment solutions from a global perspective. Drawing on our networks throughout Australia, the Middle East and the UK we are able to utilise our extensive experience recruiting locally within each region as well as facilitating international moves when the need arises.
Our experience spans small boutiques right through to mid to top tier and global firms, as well as in-house legal departments and not for profit organisations. We recruit across a broad range of roles including:
Lawyer Paralegal Legal Secretary EA/PA HR Administration/Office Support
Please note, applicants are advised only to apply to Barratt Galvins job opportunities through the GulfTalent portal. All direct applications will be deleted.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Associate (NQ - 3 PQE) - International Law Firm
Legal Associate - Dispute Resolution
Junior Legal Counsel
RTC-1 Employment Services