Job description / Role
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Legal and Governance
Mubadala's Legal & Governance division is responsible for all aspects of legal, regulatory, and governance matters across the Mubadala Group. By working closely with each Sector and Division, we protect and promote the best interests of the company by identifying and managing legal and regulatory risks affecting Mubadala, its assets and its investments.
In close coordination with both the Divisions and Sectors, we engage at the outset of all projects and transactions; we draft and negotiate the documents relating to such projects and transactions and we play a critical role in monitoring and, where necessary, enforcing Mubadala's contractual and legal rights.
- Roles at this level require basic legal knowledge typically obtained through the completion of an academic qualification i.e. law degree.
- The role holder provides support to the Legal function in delivering legal support services to the assigned Mubadala platform under the direction and supervision of a senior lawyer.
- The role provides incumbents work experience prior to or during the completion of the legal professional qualification (LPC/US Bar/UAE bar license) .
- Acting as a point of contact for the assigned business function to understand needs, gather information and provide updates.
- Responding to basic queries received from the business function ensuring timely support is provided.
- Working alongside senior legal team members to assist project and investment deal teams with legal requirements.
- Assisting in the drafting of standard legal and negotiation documents.
- Assisting in the preparation, negotiation and execution of standard form precedents.
- Conducting basic research on legal precedents as directed.
- Participating in the continuous development of standard templates and formats for legal documents.
- Supporting the delivery of training to corporate and business functions in relation to standard legal documentation.
- Assisting senior team members in internal processes and procedures, risk management and governance protocols.
- Maintaining the legal document management system to ensure secure storage and ease of access.
- Researching legal matters to support project and investment deal teams.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in law from an internationally reputable university.
- Entry-level position, and may be working towards a legal professional qualification (LPC or US Bar or UAE Law license).
- Basic theoretical knowledge of legal areas and practices.
- Basic knowledge of the UAE's local laws, regulations, and legal reporting standards.
- Basic understanding of Mubadala Group and its operations, along with good knowledge of at least one of the platforms.
- Broad understanding of transactional processes.
- Basic understanding of key terminology, legal issues and structures related to the assigned business function.
- Ability to complete an assignment in one of the platforms to support in executing legal related activities.
- Ability to draft legal documentation using basic precedent documents.
- Ability to liaise effectively, and coordinate with internal project teams and service providers.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Demonstrate positive can-do attitude and maturity in dealing with various activities or situations.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and take new activities and challenges.
- Ability to communicate and present clearly, and has good writing skills.
- Shows initiative and a proactive approach towards work.
- Good problem solving, and ability to quickly gather and synthesise data.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a defined timeline
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.