Job description / Role
GM Dealer & ACDelco Wholesale Distributor point of contact to assist customers in the sales & distribution of GM & ACDelco spare parts in the market.
- Working with GM Distributors/Dealers & ACDelco Wholesale Distributors in ME to establish and maintain distribution for GM & ACDelco products in assigned territory.
- Achieve annual Parts sales revenue & profitability objectives for defined dealer territory.
- Manage order placement and facilitate parts invoicing, shipment process special requirements.
- Business coordination between MEDC and GM ME operations
- Oversee publication reports and exchange information and other business data.
- Leverage MEO / MEDC resources (DCS/EPC4/TEC/Quality etc.) and share best practices to bring improvements to network.
- Support Retail network development (RND) for maintaining contracts.
- Attend to any new lanes, changes in freights & shipping request from distributors/dealers to improve MEDC services.
- Ensure participation in published product programs and increase focus on wholesale business development.
- Set-up GM ship direct program for certain markets whenever needed.
- Provide specific input for development and execution of business plan from key dealers.
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate to accomplish the job requirements
- Regular market visits to increase awareness of available product and program offerings and provide consultation to resolve dealer issues.
- Support new business prospects/ dealer accounts / channels for MEDC business development opportunities.
- Support any new ACDelco initiatives for wholesale development.
- Support MEDC on parts demand for new vehicle launches for parts readiness feedback.
- Maintain cross-departmental integration to ensure support for key initiatives and objectives.
- Ongoing Dealer Communication System (DCS) consultation to ensure effective utilization of essential DCS functions and arrange training.
- Serve as the primary GM contact for distributors / dealer parts managers in assigned territory
- Ongoing management of advertising, sales promotion and marketing support to network.
- Participate in all applicable GM training programs to maintain job proficiency.
- Maintain timely itinerary, meeting agenda and structure contact reports (including follow-up on specific action items.)
- Ensure dealer commitment and compliance to GM & ACDelco policies & procedures
- Bachelors degree required.
- Preferable Post graduate in Business Management
- General automotive product knowledge
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales & Marketing
- Excellent analytical skills, excellent presentation skills, ability to think strategically and creatively, proficient in MS office, able to fluently communicate in English, Arabic preferably French.
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Presentation Skills
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Product & Marketing Manager