Job description / Role
The Pastry Chef will coordinate and ensure the smooth and efficient flow of the culinary operations in the Pastry Kitchen. He/she will maintain and enhance the food products through a creative menu development.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and enhance our pastry products through creative development and presentation.
- Promote a Fun/ Professional and Disciplined work environment
- Lead by example using Accor's: Mission, Vision & Values
- Support/Coach/Lead & motivate pastry kitchen colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in weekly Sous Chef meeting
- Ensure all pastry kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Promote Health and Safety at all times
- Implement HACCP standards in the hotel with the assistance of the Executive Chef, Hygiene Officer.
- Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
- Complete monthly one on one's, probation & annual reviews as scheduled
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in Pastry chillers & freezers
- Maintain proper distribution & adjustments to culinary BEOs.
- Liaison daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
- Menu development for outlets/ banquets/ IRD
- Strives to maintain & improve all pastry food and amenity preparations & presentations
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 18 months experience as a Pastry Chef
- Previous experience in a 5 star luxury hotel environment
- Strong understanding of HACCP
- Accreditation from a recognized Culinary School
- Have a strong working knowledge of International Cuisine.
- Experience working in Middle East or Asia an asset
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labour and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel's financial goals.
- Enthusiastic and with an outgoing personality who is very guest driven
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.