Job description / Role
One of our leading Food & Beverage industry client in the UAE is looking for an ambitious, creative, passionate and driven R&D Pastry Chef to join their production team who look forward to bring new creation in the kitchen.
• To combine innovative and creative ideas and exceptional culinary capability in developing pastry products with commercial understanding of what will be profitable to the business and the customer/end user.
• Refine, improve, and update existing pastry recipes and pastry menu items
• Effectively use enthusiasm, creativity, strong culinary skills and commercial acumen to actively sell the benefits and added value for each new product developed.
• To lead a team of pastry chefs and external food technicians to execute products accurately and with consistency across the board.
• Ability to come up with creative ideas in line with current and future pastry trends and translate them to exciting and appealing menu items.
• Able to develop pastry products from a range of cuisines, with various different looks and forms of food presentation.
• Responsible for the hygienic and safe preparation of food within the food preparation areas.
• Ensuring that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing wastage.
• Ensuring that food stock levels within food preparation areas are of sufficient quantity and quality.
• Ensuring that all food products received are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
• Ensuring that all food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained as per schedule.
• Maintain consistency of first class food quality in all areas of food production.
• The implementation, physical organization and preparation of new items and menus.
• Be creative in the design and implementation of ongoing food concepts.
• Implement quality control procedures.
• Inspect method of food preparation and cooking in all areas.
• Inspect plate presentation and continually review and update when necessary.
• At least 6+ years of experience in the pastry industry.
• Bachelor Degree in a related field ; Diploma in Culinary is a plus ; HACCAP Certification
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and project management.
• Knowledge of best baking practices
• A positive problem solver with a can-do! attitude.
• Possess superior time management skills and enjoy working as a team
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.