Job description / Role
Responsibilities & Duties
• Adheres to product specifications/recipes & quality standards
• Adheres to product arrangements and ensures merchandising standards are maintained
• Assists in ensuring activities in BOH are geared up for the “peak periods” and food service quality and service is up to brand benchmarks in relation to serving timings and temperatures
• Adheres to hygiene practices – receiving, storage, preparation, handling of food, holding times, and service in the kitchen is consistent with BINGHATTI HOSPITALITY regulations and local health authorities
• Adheres to correct portioning techniques by the FOH staff
• Meet standards for personal appearance, uniform image, & personal hygiene
• Conducts daily stock check & provides information to Sous Chef and CDP
• Prepares food according to production guidelines set by Store Manager and Sous chef
• Has product knowledge and can explain cooking procedures as per specifications
• Works as a team player and assists other staff in delivering results in QSC, Sales, People, Profit
• Knows how to record waste accurately
• Keeps work areas clean in a restaurant/kitchen, with the use of appropriate chemicals for food contact surfaces
• Assists with the preparation of staff meals
• Other task designated by the executive chef or the head chef /in charge
• Academic & Trades Qualifications
• Knowledge of Cooking methods
• Knowledge on use of spices and flavorings
• Prior experience of having worked with standardized recipes
• Knowledge of FIFO techniques
• Minimum basic food hygiene
• Minimum High School Level / 12th Grade Pass/ Diploma in Culinary or equivalent
Working Experience & Skills
• Minimum 1.5 years working hospitality or F&B.
• Minimum 2-years working experience in the catering business preparing similar cuisine
• Oral fluency in English, ability to read English
About the Company
Binghatti Holding is an international investment holding company headquartered in Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). The company focuses on high-growth potential projects in the real estate, hospitality, education, industrial, construction and FMCG sectors. Empowered by mercantile experience since 1875, the brand seeks to redefine the norms of the region by delivering reasonably priced high quality products in a timely manner.
Binghatti Developers, the real estate development branch of Binghatti Holding operates throughout the UAE with a value of more than AED 3 Billion and 30 projects, including the AED 1 Billion Swarovski Sparkle Towers in Dubai Marina. The company currently operates in several areas throughout Dubai including Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Village Circle, Liwan, Dubai Land Residence Complex and Business Bay.
Binghatti Beverages, the beverage manufacturing arm of Binghatti Holding was established to provide world class beverages catering to the unique tastes of the GCC and MENA region. The company focuses on capitalizing on the region’s growing FMCG industry by commercializing the traditional juice flavors ethnic to the Middle East. The company recently invested more than AED 250 Million in a Kizad, Abu Dhabi production facility equipped with state of the art Tetra Pak filling and packaging lines. The facility sits on a plot of more than 1 million square feet and currently produces the Binghatti Beverages’ signature brand, Raubi of London.
Binghatti Hospitality intends to provide world class Hospitality Management services throughout the GCC and MENA region. The company’s primary concentrations include Food & Beverage, Hoteliering, Art Curation, Facilities Management, Sales, Marketing & ecommerce, Finance, Revenue Management, Purchasing, Human Resources, and Information Technology services related to the Hospitality Industry. The company is primarily known for their CUPAGAHWA and Aghatti café and restaurant brands in the UAE.
Binghatti Industries envisages the establishment of a technologically advanced, environmentally friendly, and sustainable smart aluminum production facility capable of producing up to 10,000 tons of aluminium frames and profiles per year. The intricate process involves the latest technology in aluminium manufacturing and processing machinery to ensure the highest environmental standards of production. The facility will also feature a state of the art joinery equipped with modern technology to produce fire resistant doors and wooden decor products.
Granada Europe Construction (GEC) is an international construction company with ‘first class unlimited’ rating. Headquartered in Dubai, GEC’s main line is principal contracting involving high-rise buildings, large purpose-built complexes, and infrastructure execution. In recent years, GEC has also moved into the niche of executing exquisite and extravagant projects for internationally renowned VIP clients.