Job description / Role
Pastry Sous Chef
Assist to set standards and maintain them to the Accor standards. Ensure the smooth operation of the Pastry section by optimizing the use of materials, labor, thereby maximizing revenue and guest satisfaction.
Th8 Palm, Managed by Accor is a 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 161 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Supervises all colleagues engaged in the Pastry section
- Attends daily meetings with Head Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day
- Establishes culinary standards for the Pastry section
- Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by the Head Chef
- Inspects 4 times daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations
- Checks any spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and inform the Head Chef
- Checks on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- During service periods, personally runs the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards
- Conducts training and thorough briefing on the correct usage of kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all kitchen colleagues
- Creates internal operating process to ensure food is always consistent and making tools available to the line colleagues for implementing consistency within the system
- Should be updated with current market trends in food and beverage and have an approach to make great experiences for guest dinning
- Should be aware of the competition and industry knowledge of new techniques and other know how
- Liaisons with purchasing department to ensure all the items used in the kitchen are of best quality and always opt to bring new ingredients or better quality produce
- Should be aware of the pulse of his team members and ensure their growth and professional wellbeing
- Ensures the personal hygiene of colleague is up to the standard
- Ensures that the daily logbook is utilized and complaints are immediately reported to the Head Chef
- Ensures that all points mentioned in the log book have been carried out i.e. mis en place and other instructions to complete the operation
- Maintains record and follow up documentation, checklists for control purposes
- Ensures all the Dubai municipality and HACCP regulations are followed and documentation is up to date as per requirement, readiness for all hygiene audit at any given point of time
- At least eight years in a five star international chain hotel/restaurant
- At least two years in an international five star hotel in similar position or above
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- Diploma in hotel management
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.