Job description / Role
Our client, a fashion design and textile company is currently looking for a Couture Pattern Maker.
• Compute dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering stretching of material.
• Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments, computers, and/or grading devices.
• Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
• Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
• Discuss design specifications with designers, and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
• Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features.
• Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
• Examine sketches, sample articles, and design specifications to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a
• Mark samples and finished patterns with information such as garment size, section, style, identification, and sewing instructions.
• Position and cut out master or sample patterns, using scissors and knives, or print out copies of patterns, using computers.
• Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
• Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material, and cut fabric using scissors.
• Test patterns by making and fitting sample garments.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in couture pattern making
• Graduation in Pattern making (Fashion Designing)
• Good knowledge of pattern making
• Good communications skills
• Candidate must be willing to work in Al Ain
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.