Job description / Role
12- Month Contract
Our Multinational professional services organisation is looking to recruit a Payable Accounting Specialist on a 12-month contract basis. As a Payable Accountant you will work closely with the current AP accountant and the Accounting Team Leader to ensure the accurate and efficient processing of AP invoices and employee expense reports. When necessary, you will support the expense accounting employee.
• Approve invoices to ensure that the AP Global Finance Operations Services (GFOS) Team have input the invoice details, classified the cost correctly and selected the correct tax code
• Complete the weekly payment run
• Liaise with vendors on queries or pending issues
• Support the local Expenses Team and the GFOS Expenses team if and where necessary
• Ensure complex employee expense claims are in line with company’s Travel & Entertainment policy and liaise with the employee where complex expense issues arise
• Proactively suggest improvements to the expense policy if needed. Act as a point of contact for staff on expense related queries
• Complete the AP month end close process
• Support the Month End Accountant in the preparation of accruals and prepayments
• Ensure that fixed assets additions have been classified correctly
• Review VAT receivable report to ensure that it is accurate and in line with the VAT law and regulations
AED 17,000 to 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Medical
• University degree in Accounting
• Approximately 5 years of relevant experience, experience in accounts payable preferred
• Previous professional services experience is preferred
• Experience using Oracle and Business Objects preferred
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you have not had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.