TGC Middle East
Job description / Role
This opportunity is with a well-known construction or manufacturing company.
• As a Payroll Accountant, you will primarily be responsible for issuing employees their payments.
• You will prepare the schedules and records of payroll.
• Generally, you would be doing different accounting tasks while updating files in the payroll system.
• Ensuring that the salary payments are accurate is your job.
• Overtime will be calculated by you while demonstrating your knowledge and expertise of applicable tax laws.
• With regards to the earnings and deductions, you will prepare the ledger entries then enter information in the payroll.
• You will report the payrolls to the managers for them to review.
• If required, you will prepare the payroll and tax reports.
• You will attend to the inquires of employees regarding their payroll.
• You will usually report to the Director of Finance. Then the rest you will communicate with employees about paychecks and systems.
• Essentially, your role is about calculations, management, recordings, and analysis of the compensation for the employees. Paid and unpaid leaves will further be monitored by you.
• Payroll problems will be resolved by you including late payments and bank holidays that are overlooked.
• It is your job to participate daily in payroll audits.
• To be successful, you would ideally need to possess at least 7 years of experience in financial accounting specifically in the construction industry.
• A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any similar field will is preferred.
• You should have an extensive experience in making ledger entries and then processing the payments.
• Being knowledgeable of applicable tax laws is required.
• You should be able to maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
• Relevantly, you will deal with financial reporting with accounting principles, assurance, audit, and technical areas like taxation and insolvency.
• You should possess enough knowledge of payroll functions including the preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
• You should have excellent organizational skills. Being keen to details is necessary.
• Additionally, you should be proficient with payroll software.
• You should be competent in terms of Payroll Systems and Processing, Accounting and Tax Processing, Basic Tax Procedures, Financial Reporting, Database Management, Analytical Reasoning, Requirement Gathering & Analysis, Budget Analysis, Account Reconciliations, Team Leadership, Strategic Planning, and Training and Development.
• Ideally, you should have facilitated audits before.
• Recommending updates to payroll accounting should be done.
• Transactions like salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions are something you should be an expert in.
If this opportunity excites you, please send us your details. Please note shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Company
TGC is an Executive search and human capital firm with our office based in Dubai, UAE. We focus on providing exceptional talent across a number of skilled experts to meet your professional and technical talent requirements throughout Middle East.
The competition for qualified senior management is severe and the best candidates are passive job seekers or are based outside the Middle East region. Our researchers have access worldwide, across industries and geographies. Our success is driven by our access, experience and judgment. We differentiate ourselves by our completion rates and the positive experiences clients and candidates have working with TGC.
We have an excellent understanding of the local market, with a combined experience of over 20 years of a highly skilled team,we provide organizations the highest talent to ease the recruitment process and create significant opportunities for individuals.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies