Job description / Role
An accounts receivable/payroll accountant prepares salary statements of employees and issues paychecks to them. They are responsible for maintaining payroll related tasks. They are responsible for the reconciliation of accounts and accuracy of accounts. The accountant’s job is usually to coordinate with the divisional heads and staff as necessary in clarifications / approvals / endorsement etc in computing and finalizing monthly payroll.
The job of a payroll accountant will be to prepare various accounting statements as per the need of the business, schedules and records and to calculate accurate wages and deposit the amounts in employee’s bank accounts or issue checks. An accountant’s duties are to:
• Calculate net wages after taking into consideration deductions and exemptions.
• Payroll accountant may have to perform other duties as assigned.
• Issue salary checks or deposit the net wages payable in the bank.
• Save data regarding monthly wise payroll details.
• Compile and report monthly / quarterly MIS to the management
• Facilitate in the annual budgeting process
• Conduct payroll audits and highlight any deviations and better process enhancements on a periodic basis
• Report to the HOD about payroll related issues.
• Solid Accounting Knowledge and exposure in managing a payroll of a larger strength
• Thorough knowledge in UAE law pertaining to salary pay / end of service settlements / repatriation terms / on boarding formalities for expat hires
• Have an eye for detail and accuracy.
• Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Pivots
• Mastery over numbers and being quick with numerical calculations and analysis
• Knowledge of logic and base of salary scales , wages and bonuses of different categories for employees in line with teh standard law of the country
• Have a high level of integrity
Academic credentials :
• Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent professional qualification (CPA / CIMA / ACCA / CIA )
• Two-four years of experience in accounting / Payroll management
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred not mandatory
About the Company
One of the leading “TPA” , Third Party Administrators in Medical Insurance ; a subsidiary of a fortune 20 Multi National Company , with extensive operation across GCC prospering over the last 18 years in facilitating our customers beyond their expectations in all services on par with global standards.
We are committed in ensuring to provide high quality , superior, innovative and cost-effective business solutions in the areas of healthcare and insurance services and embrace the good will of being one among the best leading TPA’s in this region serving over 50 insurance companies , in administering their multiple policies as well as catering to self-funded schemes with both international and local policies amidst our stake holders.
It is significant to share our accolades, that we serve more than 1.4 million members whilst administering over AED 4 billion worth of claims annually through a dedicated team of 700 + medical professionals in our talent pool from different parts of the world. We are partnered with a broad global network of over 4,000 health care providers in the region and always thrive to delight our customer through every service we provide remarkably.
We believe in attracting dynamic , focused , self-motivated , professionals with industry expertise to join hands with us to move forward in a journey, which promises growth and career establishment as per each one’s skills and potential.