Job description / Role
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the aspects of Accounts payable operations / Checking VAT applied correctly
• Ability to correctly allocate general office expenses, entering, processing, and issuing checks and bank payments to vendors, employee travel, & entertainment expenses on CONCUR
• Ability to process payment online on HSBCnet, submit and monitor payments;
• Enter and process vendor invoices in the Accounting system; enter vendor/employee payment information and code documents to the correct office and general ledger account code;
• Audit supporting documents to ensure proper approvals, G/L account coding, and payment support is included before disbursing cash;
• Work with Central Services team to ensure smooth transaction processing and troubleshooting on a day to day basis, as required.
• Monitor transaction backlog to ensure efficient and timely processing of all transactions.
• Prepare appropriate journal entries for depreciation, loan payments, transfers, etc.;
• Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the firm’s General Ledger/AP Ledger;
• Processing & booking payment for Etisalat, du, DEWA and medical invoices reconciliation;
• Reconciling and posting of petty cash;
• GL Ledger reconciliation mainly - PP, Staff loans, Accruals etc;
• Ability to record monthly journals / corrections etc.
• Invoicing of inter-office recharge and other accounts;
• Provide cash flow related input to the Financial Accountant;
• Monitoring and effecting Payment if required, of professional disbursements and compliance with SRA Accounts Rules;
• Ensure full compliance with firm accounting policies and procedures;
• Reconciliation of supplier and client accounts as required and monitoring the same when carried out by the GSC
• Buddy cover for Saudi office as and when required
• Maintain the master database for payroll for all ME offices.
• Interact with employee to obtain monthly payment instructions and create bank instructions for Finance
• Ensure monthly payroll is completed on time.
• Production and distribution of payslips by the 17th of each month.
• Ensure all deductions and allowances are accurately recorded for payroll (eg: housing loan, Abu Dhabi and secretarial allowances etc).
• Ensure you receive from HR new starters remuneration and terms & conditions of each employee
• Make changes to terms and conditions as they are provided to you.
• Production of accurate Full and Final Settlement accounts
• Reconciliation of Medical and Life insurance
• Minimum 2 years of accounting experience; strong preference for law firm experience, preferably multi-office
• Professionally qualified Accountant
• Experience with ERP (SAP preferred) Accounting Software
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Possess excellent communication skills in English and Arabic, both verbal and written;
• Advanced Excel skills/ Pivot tables
• Ability to organize audit and attend to auditors
• Ability to work well with individuals at all levels and a team player
• Able to work independently and learn new tasks quickly
• Must have a mature, proactive and flexible approach to work
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Junior Accountant / Collection Executive
Aon Middle East
Sun Global DMCC
Accounts Manager / Finance Manager for a Boutique Regional Law Firm