Job description / Role
Project: Our aim at Mace is to ensure that international payroll and benefits for all employees is processed accurately, timely, and in compliance with all local statutory requirements. The role will manage 1 member of the payroll team in all administration of payroll and benefits. This role also works closely with the Finance, Tax, Global Mobility, and HR team.
Experience working in the United Arab Emirates is essential for this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Being responsible for a team of 1 payroll specialist - carrying out management responsibilities in accordance with Mace’s policies and applicable laws.
• Creating skills gap analysis per role with training plans to support the development of the team.
• Ensuring that all payroll training is up to date for all payroll staff and the continuous development of the payroll and benefits team (including recruiting new payroll staff into the business).
• Being responsible for processing 5 payrolls – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt, and Oman Payrolls totalling circa 580 employees, with a rapid growth plan over the next few years.
• Processing all payroll and benefits responsibilities in accordance with applicable local law/federal laws and regulations in the respective countries.
• Managing payroll preparation, ensuring that they are correctly generated and reconciled before being submitted for processing.
• Monitoring and tracking payroll-related activities to ensure that these are communicated in plenty of time and delivered in a timely manner and to the required expectations.
• Assisting in completing monthly payroll processing, payroll verification, and approvals, ensuring that the relevant supporting documentation is checked and is accurate.
• Manage and provide accurate and timely end-of-service benefits/ gratuity calculation methods, specific to the UAE, KSA, Oman, Qatar, and Egypt, and stay updated with any changes to gratuity laws and regulations for each country.
• Supporting the creation and management of robust payroll controls.
• Review current payroll and benefits processes and recommend process improvements.
• Completion of payroll and benefits process notes.
• Assisting with ensuring that payroll processing documentation is updated and maintained and that new payroll processes are developed and documented as required.
• Managing and ensuring accuracy in relation to employees’ payments and deductions data with correct documentation.
• Owning and reconciling all loans processed via payroll.
• Producing communications to employees regarding overpayment recoveries and similar documentation.
• Managing the SLA with payroll vendors where applicable.
• Managing the preparation and input of any applicable benefits.
• Creation and execution of an annual calendar of events per country we operate in for both payroll and benefits.
• Managing the internal SLA for payroll and benefit resolutions.
• Supporting the processing of pay review activities and payments.
• You have experience as a lead with team management and technical payroll in the MEA region, high-level MS Excel skills, Payroll Qualification, great collaborator, great communication skills, a "Can-do" attitude, and the ability to prioritize and deliver, strong team player, but also able to work independently, initiative-taker – a fast-paced organisation with minimal supervision.
• You must be able to think strategically, problem solve and act operationally, can work in a close-knit HR team and add value, can process improvements, implement new systems, and provide high attention to detail, and be responsive to all situations when needed.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships, and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You must have extensive experience in payroll management preferably in the Middle East region, with a focus on UAE, KSA, Qatar, Oman, and Egypt.
• You must have in-depth knowledge of all payroll processes, tax regulations, employment laws, and gratuity calculations specific to each country.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Emirates Consulting Group (ECG)
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
A Professional Public Accounting, Audit, Tax, And Advisory Firm
TGC Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services