Job description / Role
The Penetration Tester will conduct controlled assessments against commercial hardware/software devices with the goal of identifying vulnerabilities and apply countermeasures to close them. This position blends several disciplines to include, but not limited to, penetration testing, reverse engineering, and code/script development. As a minimum, this position requires a demonstrated ability to reverse engineer executables to identify flaws and create and operationally test exploits to take advantage of an identified vulnerability or zero days. Experience with mobile platforms and applications is required. Applicants MUST have penetration test experience to be considered.
As a Penetration Tester, you will:
- Conduct in-depth penetration testing and reverse engineering on specified devices to include but not limited to UNIX/LINUX, Android, iOS and Windows
- Apply software reverse engineering techniques to detect and identify malware on mobile devices.
- Apply hardware reverse engineering techniques to detect and identify unique attributes or modifications to known mobile device baselines.
- Perform both hardware and software security assessments
- Test and reverse engineering Android and iOS applications
- Direct and/or participate in the testing phase of the security controls assessments using specialized knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, architectures, equipment, services, and standards
- Enjoy all the cultural, educational and travel opportunities Abu Dhabi offers
Your personal dream could be the world's reality
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- 10+ years working in IT security or related field with specific experience in the following:
- Mobile technologies and OSes (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows, hardware and applications)
- C/C+/C++ Perl, Python, Shell or other programming and scripting languages
- Assessing operating system capabilities and vulnerabilities
- Assessing hardware capabilities and vulnerabilities
- Malware and code analysis, reverse engineering
- Signature development. Yara rule development
- Mitigation strategy development
- Software, tool and exploit development
- A desire to innovate in the UAE
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.