Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: HR Business Partner - Fashion & Accessories
If you are someone that would like to challenge themselves and build multiple skills through multitasking and working with different parties and functional experts, then this is the job for you!
The mix of responsibilities will consist of HR consulting including process improvement, operational activities and projects to support excellence in store operations and ensuring a full hybrid employee experience. The role is centered around the pillars of Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Talent Management and being a Change Catalyst.
We are currently seeking an HRBP to join our team to support with strategic and operational HR initiatives!
What you will do:
- In this role you are deeply embedded in the Brands you are looking after, working closely with managers and the team members to achieve business goals from an HR perspective.
- You will partner with your Managers on people matters to support long-term vision, including change management
- Maintain short-term and long-term capacity plans, reward and recognition plans and employee engagement plan
- You will assess and anticipate people-related needs, aligned with the Group's people strategy
- Foster collaboration between departments
- Build partnerships between business and HR functions (Learning, Comp & Ben, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management)
- Provide career guidance to employees and develop understanding of employee career aspirations and engagement or disengagement level
- Provide support to captains on employee journeys, according to their aspirations and capabilities
- Act as an employee champion and consultant
- You will lead annual manpower planning with Brand Leaders and ensure vacancies are managed in line with the approved budget and executed as per the correct recruitment process
- Review all proposed internal transfers within the vertical and provide recommendations
- Enable Managers to lead Performance Management (PDR and KPI) for respective population
- Ensure a high-performance environment & culture
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
You will demonstrate great leadership skills and a consultative approach towards the business. Your ability to engage and communicate with a diverse range of people will ensure your success with us! More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below
- Previous experience of working in a similar field; with strong knowledge of retail in the region
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years in a similar role
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence
- Have a people-oriented attitude with experience in engaging in people development
- Arabic skill set is a nice to have
- University degree in HR, Business or any related fields always helps!
- A passion for people
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.