Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, together we achieve excellence ! As a People Relations Executive you would be responsible for the day-to-day HR administrative tasks (employee enquiries, certificate requests, HRIS data entry etc). You would also be responsible for handling non-critical employee relations while connecting closely with Group HR's competence centre.
- Administer employee's attendance, leave, vacations and overall absenteeism
- Ensure the adherence of all employees to organization's HR policies and regulations
- Follow up with all employees concerning medical certificates for sick leave, and out of office/absence forms
- Handle all medical insurance claims and liaise with insurance companies for employees' collections
- Issue/cancel access cards in adherence to security policies
- Prepare welcome kits for new employee orientation sessions
- Prepare absenteeism calculations for end of service settlement
- Attend to employee enquiries on company policies and procedures
- Handle and follow up on the work visa and labour contract processes
- Act as a coordinator between PRO's and employees
- Lead the work visa and labour contract renewals
- Process the application, renewal and cancellation of all documents for labour cards, work permits and residency visas
- Schedule medical examinations for the processing of residence visas
- Update document according to expiry on the HRIMS
- Initiate, update and maintain employees' personal data on the HRMS
- Keep updated records on all new immigration and labour legislations as communicated by the PRO and the HR Manager
- Prepare staff turnover reports (new comers, leavers, total headcount), KPI report for absenteeism.
- Update staff lists accordingly
What we are looking for
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Competent in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to effectively manage your time and deliver against tight deadlines
- Previous HR experience or qualifications are beneficial
- Retail experience is highly desirable
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.