Job description / Role
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Over half (57%) of the company's footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann's, Lipton, Wall's, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry's, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan is our blueprint for achieving our vision to double the size of the business, whilst reducing our environmental footprint and increasing our positive social impact. The Plan sets stretching targets to achieve by 2020 and includes how we source raw materials and how consumers use our brands. The scale of our ambition means that we are finding new ways to partner with others in business, government and society.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That's why our purpose is 'to make sustainable living commonplace'.
Job Position: Perfecta/ EOL Technician
Working hours: 12
Reports to: Technical Manager
Location: Lipton Factory, Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E
Main purpose of the role:
- Technical knowledge of the machine on a component level.
- Candidate should be able to fix breakdowns and run the machine with producing minimal quality defects.
- Candidate should be able to resolve minor stops in the minimum time possible.
- Candidate should be able to create work orders in SAP and CMMS and fill out maintenance forms and breakdown analysis.
- Basic knowledge of Electrical would be an advantage.
- Experience in Perfecta machines would be an advantage.
- Closure of safety hazards on machine.
- Monitoring that the machine is adhering to factory safety standards
- Identify the root cause to prevent a similar safety hazard that may arise in the futur
- Rectifying machine breakdowns.
- Identifying the Root Cause of the breakdown (BD)
- Creating an EWO for any occurring breakdown after rectification of BD
- Carrying out Preventive Maintenance.
- Rectifying Quality defects on the machine.
- Ensuring that the product is following all quality requirements
- Identify and rectify the Root cause of the defects
- Creating Work orders through SAP and CMMS.
- Ensure a work order is created for every part withdrawn from the store.
- Suggesting Ideas to improve the machine maintenance.
- Provide input on potential improvements on SMPs, component life improvements.
- Carry out individual projects to improve the machine.
- Assist in rectifying other minor issues on the line.
- Carrying out changeovers on the machine.
- Maintain the spare parts for the machine.
- Ensure compliance of proper procedure for all component withdrawals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in English.
- Minimum Diploma in any Technical Trade.
- Basic knowledge in MS office/SAP
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Packaging/ FMCG industry
- Awareness of all the general safety protocols to be followed in a Factory.
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Technician - Water Park
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Maintenance Technician Level 1 - Rides & Attractions
Dubai Parks and Resorts
RTC-1 Employment Services