Job description / Role
* Applies test planning methodologies and various ranges of data analysis and technical reporting to enhance the safety and optimize the performance of aircrafts whilst satisfying all relating regulatory requirements.
* Provides relevant support to Flight Crew and Flight Operations personnel in terms of Take- off and Landing analysis, Weight and Balance and Route analysis, Aircraft Performance monitoring, Aircraft evaluation, Testing and Acceptance, etc Key Result Responsibilities
* Manages the day-to day duties and activities deemed necessary by operational requirements and formulates suitable methodology to facilitate flow of technical information to all concerned.
* Provides technical advice and support on all aspects related to Aircraft Performance Engineering; constantly contributes to the performance documentation technical content, customization, revision and production to be reflected in the relevant published manuals and support material.
* Monitors and analyzes the Flight Planning System database constantly to ensure its adequacy, accuracy and compliance with the GCAA/CAA rules and regulations, ICAO adopted procedures, as well as Air Arabia policies and procedures and Standard Operations Manual.
* Identifies limitations on operational capabilities such as Notams, Navigation facilities, Air Traffic flow, aircraft performance and Mel requirements, in line with business requirements and in accordance with Company’s and civil aviation international regulatory guidelines and standards; suggests remedial solutions where applicable.
* Ensures all regulated performance for Take-off, En-route and Landing are monitored and revised on a regular basis.
* Ensure Aircraft take-off and landing Performance data for aircraft type are up to date satisfying regulatory and Company requirements, including new destinations and alternates.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages):
* Bachelor’s degree in IT/Math/Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university is highly desirable for this role.
* A diploma in a related field is acceptable if combined with necessary working experience and a track of record.
* Must have completed “Performance Engineering” training from Airbus or other manufacturer.
* Deep understanding of the software development process and applicable PE tools – Performance Center and diagnostic tools.
* Broad performance engineering tool experience (Wily, Compuware, IBM-Filenet/Websphere Portal, dynaTrace, HP, etc.)
* Understanding of database technologies – SQL, Oracel, Exadata, etc.
* Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel), Internet, Web Search
* Good in written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
* Good in English Language Work Experience
* 7+ years of experience in a comparable airlines or aircraft manufacturer company in the operations/engineering department as an approved or licensed Engineer/ Flight Dispatcher;
* Experience with low cost airline is preferred.
* Broad performance engineering experience (modelling, tuning, diagnostics, monitoring, etc.)
* Comprehensive knowledge in the regulations of the Civil Aviation Authorities and regulatory bodies, preferably GCAA; familiar with rules and regulations of ICAO, CAR, FAR, JAR, and IOSA pertaining to Flight Operations and working procedures.
* Proven ability to lead PE / testing projects of all sizes
* Exposure to QA/Safety/Security and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
* Capable of applying policies, procedures as per approved standards and regulations.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.