Job description / Role
• Oversees and administers day-to-day executive activities of the Management Department; develops new trends, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
• Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other departments, individuals, on operational and programmatic matters concerning the department.
• Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
• Process and check all incoming information on to the document control system Sorting and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution
• Prepare responses to correspondence /memos as and when required.
• Schedule meetings and make arrangements for management, and other meetings.
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents as requested by DH.
• Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or in routine activities.
• At all times carrying out responsibilities within the framework of NMDC’s policy.
• Coordinate with various departments for smooth functioning of departmental activity
• Oversees and facilitates resource management and administration procedures and documentation for the reporting department head.
• Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project team.
• Ensure Department and Company needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Responsible for all document control process and procedure guide’s specific to the projects and department.
• Ensure that the HSE requirements are observed, Provide guidelines to other staff and take a lead role in health & safety procedures.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you may be requested to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Administration Management or equivalent professional qualification
• Certification / Membership: Certification in Administration & Secretarial Management.
Function specific experience:
• Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software
• Administration, Document Controlling experience
• The ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Stress and time management.
Technical & Professional Skills:
• Sound project management skills (must be capable of multi-tasking).
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Proven documentation and presentation development skills.
• Strong organisational skills including reporting and the ability to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines.
Industry related experience:
• Marine & Dredging – preferred
Years of experience:
• 5-7 years of strong Project& Administration management experience.
• MS Office – (Word, Advance Excel, Power Point etc.)
• Database Applications
• ERP Oracle & MS Project
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.