Job description / Role
The Personal Assistant will be responsible for providing confidential, professional high-level administrative support to the Managing Director as well as ensuring that sufficient administrative support is provided to the Rapid Access office in Dubai.
Reporting into the Managing Director, the Personal Assistant will serve as the primary point of contact (internally and externally) on all matters pertaining to the Managing Director.
The Personal Assistant will also serve as a liaison to the Senior Management Team (SMT) and the board of directors and will provide additional administrative support to the SMT across the GCC region when necessary.
Complete a broad range of critical administrative tasks that facilitate the Managing Director’s ability to effectively lead the company including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
- Completing expense reports
- Composing and preparing correspondence and presentations
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Managing Director and internal departments. Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Managing Director with the SMT, board members and others when necessary
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Managing Director. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Keep the Managing Director well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follow up appropriately.
- Prioritize conflicting needs and handle matters quickly and proactively
- Arrange meetings and conference calls including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas, presentations and meeting materials, transcribing, and distributing notes and minutes of meetings. Support prompt, thorough follow up of meetings that the Managing Director has attended
- Manage incoming email, post, expenses, purchase orders and telephone calls for the Managing Director as required
- Create, manage and provide analysis for various reports
- Senior Management Team Liaison
- Provide support in the SMT meetings including assisting in scheduling, attending and note taking during meetings
- Coordinate and consolidate information, dates and agendas for SMT meetings
- Prepare an account of the meetings in the form of a rolling action list (RAL). Designate and follow up on assigned action items
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the Managing Director’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages board activities. Develops and maintains board records, minutes and documents
- Coordinate board meetings and dinners; arranging travel, visa and hotel accommodations for visiting Board members. Process travel reimbursement requests
- Compile, assemble, and distribute board meeting materials
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Provide general administrative support to the Rapid Access Dubai office including answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors and guests.
- Provides Reception cover as required
- Maintaining office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep
- Manage the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed
- Plan space allocations, layouts, floor moves and arranging for and supervising building maintenance
- Support the organization of town halls/Team Talks, key events and high-profile meetings
- Solid track record in administrative and executive support roles within a professional organization
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion,
- Proven experience in diary and email management for senior personnel within an organization
- Ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Ability to read, interpret and write correspondences and present data in a succinct manner and to a high standard of English
- Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on?time
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
AED 10000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including employees, board members, customers and external partners
- Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivated pro-active approach
- Minimum Experience:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field – Ideally administration or Secretarial studies
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.