Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, With audacity, With imagination, With passion
SOFITEL DUBAI WAFI
Sofitel Dubai Wafi scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2020, will be Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai Wafi will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist – Personal Assistant and help us to make Sofitel Dubai Wafi a truly welcoming destination!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Personal Assistant is responsible for all administration of the Executive Office. This includes, but is not limited to, taking care of the General Managers diary, all travel requirements, ensuring a timely turnaround of items requiring signature, preparing reports – monthly and weekly, ensuring deadlines are met, ensuring items are traced and a timely follow up actioned. In addition, the PA is in charge of the hotels generic e-mail box and the general managers generic mail box. All guests Market Metrix feedback is responded to by the PA, all guest complaints are handled by the PA and some form of response / acknowledgement should be sent out within 24 hours. The PA should build solid relationships with her peers in the owner’s office, corporate office, the hotel and within any affiliated hotels to ensure a smooth transition of information and a speedy response to enquiries.
On a final note the Personal Assistant to the GM must be discreet, exceptionally trustworthy and be able to keep a high level of confidentiality at all times.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Print off morning reports and flag any VIP’s or Owner Bookings due to arrive.
• Liaise with owner’s office, corporate office and the Executives within the hotel, ensuring clear communication between all.
• Ensure clear communication by the GM with all his direct reports, subordinates, owners office and corporate office.
• Full management of the GM’s diary and agenda.
• International travel itineraries –personal and business.
• Accurate minute taking and various communications using a variety of mediums both internal & external.
• File management & administration support to the General Manager.
• Take on ad hoc projects if and when necessary.
• In charge of responding to all Market Metrix (MM) feedback, updating the MM website and liaising with all departments of the hotel to gather back up and detailed information to ensure a clear response to all guest complaints.
• Ensure that monthly MM reports are distributed to all involved, and that follow ups happen where necessary.
• In charge of the parking for the staff hotel, liaising with the owners to ensure all staff cars are recorded and permitted to park.
• Check daily the hotels generic email addresses – ensure a timely response to all guest queries that are sent via this portal.
• Maintain a full list of GM’s business and personal contacts.
• Be the contact person for VIP guests / returning guests in terms of reservations, rates and confirmations.
• Able to adapt communication style with particularly difficult or VIP, corporate guests etc
• Ensure GM’s e-mails are responded to in a timely manner. Ensure any mails with deadlines or action points are handled or forwarded on to the appropriate department head.
• In charge of issuing all complimentary vouchers requested by various departments within the hotel. Full records and back ups to be kept for audit purposes.
• In charge of the HR files of the hotels Excom, ensuring they are kept up to date and that the contents remain confidential.
• Ensure that the GM is made aware of any service or operational lapses.
• Ensure all private communication and personal / official documents are kept discreet and confidential.
• Maintain a timely turnaround of all documents requiring the GM’s signature
• Able to work in a high pressure environment with constantly changing goals; both within a team of passionate professionals & autonomously at times.
• Flexible with working hours, some weekend & evening work may be required.
• Immaculate & professional image
• Strong sense of service excellence & attention to detail.
• Able to cope with a variety of tasks and ad hoc duties as and when they arise.
• Faultless communication skills in English, other languages are beneficial, especially Arabic.
• Discreet and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Must have a strong capability of writing - command of the written word is essential.
• Have at least 5 years experience in a similar position in luxury 5* hotels with a luxury hotel background before that.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Executive Assistant to MD
Irwin & Dow
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Green Gulf Careers
Irwin & Dow