Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Analyze, assess, and monitor day-to-day operations for the pest management by leading investigations and audits for Identification and control of public health pests in Central Processing Unit, its associated buildings, and other assigned sites in the different Emirates of UAE supervise assigned pest control procedures and treatments, perform related work as assigned.
• Pest Controller should inspect all areas of CPU ,the surrounding properties and other Project sites in different Emirates of UAE to identify the type and source of infestation, determine how much damage has been done and secure access to the infested locations. He/ She should have deep knowledge about the identity and biology of different kinds of pests. He/she should be trained in pesticide use and safety.
• Exterminate pests such as ants, roaches, spiders, beetles, fleas, fungus and termites, trap animals such as rats, mice, and gophers; remove live and dead animals such as cats, dogs and others from attics, walls, and outdoor areas of CPU and be up to date with current industrial practices.
• Develop treatment plans and prevention methods to remove pest problems and reduce the risk of re-infestation. Pest controller should be able to accurately adjust chemical mixtures based on the quantity needed to eliminate the identified pests. Applying suitable pesticides to infested areas by following the label instructions and complying with safety procedures.
• He should be able to closely follow instructions to prevent harm to people, pets, environment and self while using insecticides. Pest controller must also have the physical stamina to be on their feet for long periods of time, deal with uncomfortable heat or cold when necessary. Strong ability to keep good records of hours worked and chemicals used.
• Auditing & preparing specifications for pest control work to be performed by private contractors; evaluate the work and report discrepancies to superiors. Maintain records of inspections and treatments. Ensure that the teams have all the equipment and tools required to execute pest management operations.
• Identify the root causes of each pest problem and to use the appropriate techniques with IPM techniques and with high-cost effectiveness. Create barriers to prevent pests from entering a building and create effective pest control measures to prevent pest infestation.
• Must possess a team spirit and be able to work well in a team environment. Must be able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues and possess good interpersonal skills. Must be trustworthy as duties are mostly discharged without the physical presence of the superiors.
Education & Experience
• University Degree in any discipline. (Biological/Environmental Science is an advantage).
• Certified/ licensed from the Abu Dhabi quality and conformity council as pest controller in the emirates of Abu Dhabi.
• Dubai Municipality Pest control license if the candidate is from Dubai.
• Not less than 5-7 years in the pest control industry with experience is pest management in large catering facilities, Hospitals, schools, staff accommodations. Specific knowledge in outdoor & indoor pests. Should a thorough knowledge of pest control programs and procedures in accordance with Tadweer regulations, industry standards, with reduced risk exposure.
• Advanced knowledge in IPM techniques & pest control measures, experience in all aspects of pest control, General pest control, termite control and bird control, rodent control including monitoring, installing cages & bait stations. Reptile control, fogging & experienced as a team leader.GPC in foot paths, manholes & drains. Cockroach control in commercial kitchens, prevention, and eradication of bedbugs in staff accommodations.
• Valid UAE Driving License. Ability to work in all weather conditions. Excellent problem solving & communication skills.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.