Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: E-Commerce Photographer
Our Photographer is responsible for managing the daily operations of the photo studio and supporting the Brand in all aspects of product and photography. This includes but is not limited to daily organization & management of shooting schedules, creation of new styles & shooting techniques, upload and management of all imagery to the website and image libraries.
Our Photographer is also responsible for the production of all ecommerce imagery including model and still life images on a weekly basis as well as some creative content shoots that might include lifestyle, Brand, social media and editorial photography.
What you'll do:
• Shoot high quality product shots and video at high volumes for use across the Brand's eCommerce platform, consistent with product photography style guide
• Manage all pre-production administration including but not limited to coordinating receipt of items into the studio for shooting and delivery back to stock rooms post production
• Develop and implement a process with the receiving team to ensure a streamlined product photography process for new items
• Manage the styling and shooting of Ready to Wear, Shoes, Bags, Beauty and other products, consistent with the brand photography style guide
• Mentor, coach and coordinate photography assistants and stylists Ensure daily and weekly production goals are met and exceeded
• Prioritize responsibilities to maintain an efficient workflow in the studio Develop and maintain image/video library
• Communicate merchandise quality and damage issues to key stakeholders Order and maintain supplies for the photo studio and photo shoots
• Maintain an awareness and responsibility for merchandise in the studio Maintain and upkeep the studio, equipment, props and supplies
• Assist with the upload of photographs to the online library
• Assist with the organization of uploaded images and provide progress reports, ensuring they are maintained regularly
• Organize the image database to enable ease of access for other departments when needed Maintain and monitor all product images used on the website, ensuring that they remain visually in keeping with the Brand and are of a high standard
• Research current styles and online trends within product photography for development and growth of the Brand's eCommerce platform
• Research best practices and experiment with new ideas in an effort to streamline processes and procedures and keep website aesthetic fresh and enticing to online shoppers
• Edit images using adobe tools to a consistent high standard in line with current guidelines and ensure color consistency between images
• Maintain communication with the receiving team, buying team on incoming merchandise, inventory levels, and online availability
• Ensure effective communication between the photography studio and relevant teams in the business
• Provide support to the eCommerce development and design team as needed
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content. More specifically, we would like to hear from you if you can say yes to the below:
• Expertise in shooting stills and models, as well as social media photography
• Experience with a variety of products from Fashion to Beauty
• Confident in styling
• Ability to work under pressure and manage a variety of stakeholders
• Experience in editing and retouching
• Strong communicator
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.