Job description / Role
Are you a Physics Teacher interested in living and working in the UAE?
Worldteachers are working closely with the UAE Government and its Education reform project. They are currently looking for Physics Teachers to work at their specialist high schools throughout all Emirates of the UAE, including Dubai and Abu Dhabi, who focus on the teaching of Maths, Science and Engineering.
The positions will be for an August 2022 start.
You will be teaching your own classes of students in Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 (ages 14 to 18). This is an excellent opportunity for Physics Teachers to be part of the ambitious development plan to enhance technical and vocational education in the UAE.
You will be working with an international staff teaching national students in Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12. You will benefit from the technologically advanced environment and be part of a team of faculty members, coordinating assignments and projects in the students' chosen discipline.
The schools offer career-based technical education at the secondary and tertiary levels and has state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services. At present, this growing learning community in the UAE is comprised of more than 2700 students, 400 teaching staff, and 260 support professionals.
Salary and benefit package includes:
• Basic tax-free salary of AED11,998 (approx. £2,400) per month
• Housing allowance
• Medical Insurance for yourself, accompanying spouse and 3 children (below the age of 18)
• Education allowance for dependent children between ages of 5 and 18
• Relocation allowance [for teachers not currently in UAE]
Representatives from the school will be carrying out interviews via Zoom as soon as possible.
Worldteachers will help you throughout the recruitment process and be able to provide full information on the opportunity.
If you are interested in the opportunity to move to UAE, please apply today.
• Bachelor's degree in Physics
• Master’s degree preferred
• A formal teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE or similar) is preferred
• At least 3 years of teaching experience at high school level
• Online teaching and learning skills using different applications
• Demonstrate solid command of knowledge in general physics topics
• Use multimedia resources such as simulations and animations in physics
• Awareness of current research and scientific knowledge in physics
• Demonstrate the skills and knowledge related to safety in physics lab
• Use of lab equipment and conducting lab sessions
• Good level of English proficiency (IELTS Academic 7.0 required for non-native speakers of English)
About the Company
Worldteachers was established in 2009 and is a specialist recruitment company operating within the international education sector. We place qualified school teachers in International Schools and state owned public schools. Most of the business is based in the Middle East with our Founder and Owner, Roddy Hammond having visited many Primary, Secondary and Nursery schools throughout Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman. We are also working with Ministries of Education in the region. We help teachers find jobs in schools in several countries around the world.