Job description / Role
Piano Teacher up to 7k Aed for a Leading Music Institute in the UAE
• Ensure the effective teaching of Music to enable students to develop their skills and knowledge, act as a professional role model to students and parents of students and contribute to the development of the institute
• Plan and prepare lessons (lesson plans) in relation to individual students’ needs and examination syllabus.
• Teach music theory, aural skills, sight reading and practical techniques to students.
• Communicate musical concepts and instructions clearly.
• Use a variety of teaching strategies, methods, tools and approaches and tailor to student’s different learning needs, learning styles and preferences.
• Demonstrate high standards of teaching thereby impacting on the learning and achievement of students and, as such, be a positive role model to students.
• Create and maintain a classroom environment where students are eager to attend lessons and practice.
• Motivate students and encourage progress.
• Build powerful, positive and trust-based relationships with students and parents of students from all backgrounds.
• Continuously assess student’s ability and provide feedback on progress to students and parents of students.
• Be available to discuss concerns and achievements.
• Continuously update professional knowledge and expertise, as appropriate, and keep up-to-date with developments in teaching practice and teaching methodology specifically in music.
• Contribute to a culture of team work that is conducive to learning and development, friendly, open to critical feedback and sharing of information.
• Actively participate in all school events including meetings, parent’s evenings, information days, concerts, recitals, workshops, school productions, school promotional events, competitions, mock examinations, etc.
• Actively participate in all internal school events including teachers band, teacher’s orchestra, teacher’s symphony, teacher’s ensemble, teacher’s performance demonstrations, teacher concerts or any other musical event.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education or any related course
• At least 2 years of UAE experience in a similar teaching role
• Must be able to teach minimum grade five (5) ABRSM Music Theory
• Demonstrate excellent musicianship and artistry as a teacher and performer
• Demonstrate passion for and experience in teaching young beginners and adults
• Flexibility and creativity to adapt to curriculum goals and ability to work collaboratively
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse community
• Ability to work during working hours as well as additional hours for planning meetings, professional development, scheduled concerts or examinations
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Proficient in MS Office applications
About the Company
RTC-1 Employment Services is a licensed recruitment firm based in Dubai, UAE. Our team has been in the market since 2004 and we are supporting various industries with their staffing needs across the Middle East and Africa.