Job description / Role
1. Supervise day-to-day piping fabrication work, providing guidance to foremen, encouraging teamwork, facilitating related professional work processes, and resolving any escalated onsite issues in order to ensure that work is correctly prioritized and completed as per the work package, schedule and budget.
2. Organize and supervise the activities and work of subordinates (including timesheets etc.) to ensure that all work within a specific area of the activity is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating policies and procedures. Also, provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to subordinates to support their overall development.
3. Allocate foremen and employees to different parts of the project, assign work to them and coordinate regarding work to be performed by other trades or subcontractors in order to ensure that resources (mainly foremen) are effectively and timely assigned and used on a particular project, in line with the overall resource plan developed by the Project.
4. Contribute to project planning, review engineering documents and provide any other support/inputs (e.g. job estimations) to the project team as and when required by the Project Manager in order to ensure effective contribution to the projects.
5. Ensure adherence and maintenance of the quality of piping fabrication works in order to ensure readiness for quality control inspections.
6. Review scheduling, planning charts, documents and perform periodical inspections of the work site in order to track the progress of piping/fabrication jobs/teams; make necessary adjustments and report the status to the Project Manager.
7. Coordinate with internal departments as well as material suppliers/vendors if and when required by Project Manager in order to ensure that material requirements are provided timely and accurately to complete job requirements. Also, control the use of materials in order to minimize losses.
8. Provide technical advice to employees on piping / fabrication-related matters to support them achieve their jobs and to support internal departments (e.g. engineering) by providing them with feedback and recommendations for future improvement based on technical issues faced during manufacturing.
9. Ensure compliance with all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures, standards, controls and systems across piping fabrication activities to guarantee employee health and safety, compliance with statutory and classification requirements, delivery of high-quality piping / fabrication work (in line with piping fabrication quality control standards) and a responsible environmental attitude.
10. Implement approved departmental policies, processes and procedures provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
11. Motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering leading practices, improvement of processes and productivity.
12. Coordinate with internal departments and sections upon project manager request (e.g. project teams, engineering for information and comments on drawings, planning for project progress and variances, materials for supply needs and planning, maintenance and facilities for equipment availability, electrical and other manufacturing / resource management sections for work coordination etc.) in order to ensure the smooth flow of activities as per agreed standards, plans and objectives.
13. The duties of a Fabrication Supervisors may also include:
14. Familiar with IACS, Class Rules
15. Attend Meeting with Client/Class/DMC/EHS.
16. Coordinate Safety Dept. to obtain Permits from DMC/EHS.
17. Communicate job expectations and performance requirements to fabricators/Foreman
18. Provide root cause analysis and execute corrective action plans
19. Initiate, coordinate and enforce production, safety, and quality systems, policies, and procedures
20. Ensure that all fabrication and fit-up meets the specified requirements before inspection is initiated
21. Ensure that all fit-up inspection tasks are performed
22. Ensure that parent material and consumables meet specifications
23. Maintain records, inspection results, and performance documentation.
1. High School Diploma or GED Equivalent / Graduate of a certified apprenticeship in fabrication and fabrication
2. Minimum 3 or more years of blaster/painter experience
3. Operational knowledge of and understanding basic functions of piping fabrication equipment.
4. Detail Oriented
5. Knowledge of ships (i.e. performance, stability, technical drawings, technical specifications, etc.)
6. Knowledge of ship building materials (quality, grade etc.)
7. Knowledge of international ship building standards
8. Ability to interpret drawings, technical manuals, and to follow quality/control procedures
9. Structure assembly and fabrication skills
10. Project management skills
11. Supervisory skills
12. Computer Skills
13. Excellent Time Management and sense of direction.
14. Possesses adequate reading, writing and communication skills
15. Experience using safe work habits.
About the Company
Mubarak Marine LLC is a marine and offshore service organization based in Dubai. The company specializes in areas of Towage, Salvage, Offshore Support, Terminal/SPM Support & Maintenance, Heavy Lift, Emergency Response and Rescue, Subsea and Marine Construction Support.
The company is focused on providing its clients safe, efficient and value-driven marine and offshore services.The company offers a variety of vessels to suit the ever growing needs of its clients based in and outside the Middle East. From its humble beginnings in 1979, the Mubarak Marine fleet has grown to a diverse fleet of over 39 vessels, with additions being made continuously of modern and versatile vessels to adapt to the rapidly growing and changing marine offshore industry.
Our fleet is manned by highly experienced and professional mariners. Onshore our fleet and crew are supported 24 hours round the clock by an equally professional, efficient and hardworking team of managers and well-trained staff.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mechanical Engineer (Buildings)
|Abu Dhabi||8 Jun|