Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
PKI Developer (Application Architect) will play an integral role in analysis and design of Application Architecture for Digital Trust Software projects.
In this role, you will:
- Align Digital Trust software technology with the business strategy
- In collaboration with Software Development Director, Product Manager and software engineers, discuss, formulate, and document vision, define and decide development technology, platform, standards, tools, processes, etc.
- Ensure application functional and non-functional requirements are correctly captured and addressed in software
- Communicate the vision to the Software development team
- Ensure Applications scale for continued growth
- Work across multiple engineering teams to ensure development of maintainable and scalable projects
- Continue to develop the team in technology advancements, research news, tools and best practices
- Evaluate and implement solutions and technologies for team adoption
- Assess and communicate status, issues, risks and deliverables to stake holders
- Assist team with proof-of-concepts, code samples, and application frameworks
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 8-10 years of as team lead or manager of development team
- Broad technical knowledge, experience with different languages and web frameworks
- Clear understanding of software design and principles
- Experience with a variety of web application designs
- Proven track record delivering successful projects as software engineer and team lead
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software engineering best practices
- Strong knowledge and experience in high-performance, multi-tier web applications including web servers, application servers, databases and infrastructure
- Proficiency in XML, HTTP, SOAP, REST, JSON and related web service standards
- In-depth knowledge of using and programming against relational databases (MySQL, Maria DB, MS SQL and etc.)
- Experience with development and configuration tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, etc.) and Continuous Integration practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.