Job description / Role
Currie & Brown is looking for a planning consultant for a mixed-use and leisure and development project in Dubai, UAE.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing an overall target programme with multiple stakeholder inputs and activities including design, procurement, permitting and approvals, construction, testing, commissioning, handover, across multiple workstreams
- Preparing ‘what-if’ scenarios
- Reviewing design consultants’ and contractors’ baseline programmes
- Monitoring and reporting all programme-related activities
- Reviewing resource and cost loaded baseline programmes
- Providing assessment of all sequencing and durations of construction activities
- Monitoring the planning and project controlling works for conformance with project procedures
- Reviewing contractors’ lookahead schedules and weekly reports
- Preparing and finalising weekly and monthly progress report submissions to the client
- Liaising and co-ordinating with the contractor and the client
- Attending all necessary meetings with the contractor and the client
- Reviewing and analysing contractor’s claims and preparing recommendations reports
- Undertaking Primavera schedule tracking for progress updates
- BSc in construction management, engineering, architecture, planning, management information system or equivalent
- Strong experience using Primavera (P6) certification and MSP
- A minimum of ten years’ technical delivery experience in villas and townhouses projects an advantage
- Accredited to a relevant professional body such as APM, CIOB or PMP
- Experience working on high-rise projects, fit-outs, testing and commissioning and tenancy co-ordination
- Post-contract experience in handover and final accounts
- Middle East experience essential
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)
The FITOUT LLC
Project Engineer - Construction
Al Fattan Ship Industry
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|