Job description / Role
Planning & Cost Control Lead (metal processing/recycling/refining industry)
THE EMPLOYEE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Project Services function including estimating, planning/scheduling, benchmarking, progress monitoring, cost management, forecasting, trending, risk management, change control.
• Cost Schedule Risk Analysis to help facilitate estimate and schedule contingency setting
• Cost and schedule reporting and gap assessment
• Project reporting weekly, monthly, etc.
• Interfacing with Finance (cash flow, currency, etc.).
• Interface with contractors' project planning/services counterparts
• Management of Change
• Lessons learned and knowledge management
• Project closeout reports (actual cost and schedule data to support benchmarking, CCET feedback, etc.)
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Visible HSE Leadership
• Manages project interfaces
• Develop roles, responsibilities, deliverables and expectations for project Services team
• Communicate project premise and opportunity statement to PS team. Repeat for all new members.
• Support teambuilding and familiarization/onboarding events.
• Manage interfaces across disciplines and between different work locations and contractors
• Ensure contractor understands all project controls and reporting requirements through advocacy and inquiry.
• Prepare project reports including weekly, monthly 1 pager, etc.
KEY DELIVERABLES & OWNERSHIP
• Project Control Manual
• Estimate & Schedule Fact Sheet (ESFS) for Decision Gates
• Others as required
REQUIRED DEGREES / PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Engineering
• Qualified Planning Engineer with about 15 years’ and good multi discipline project knowledge/experience, out of which 5 years in the ME region including KSA
• Experience in metal processing/recycling/refining industry will be of advantage
• Ability to work effectively in teams, good Interpersonal and communication skills
• Team leadership & coaching skills
• International work experience in multicultural environment and accreditation from professional bodies
• Relevant experience in KSA is preferred but not essential
• Knowledge of project development including Front End Engineering, Detail design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Startup
• Expert in Planning Network development, Critical Path Analysis, Forecasting, Trend Analysis & Recovery Plans
• Ability to Plan the Activities, Resources and Interfaces effectively, thereby contributing to Project cost and Schedule baselines
• Developed, maintained, and applied benchmarks/norms
• Sound experience in Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA) & overall Risk management process; able to independently carry out robust SRA
• Developed & maintained Planning/Scheduling/Sched
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Senior Planning Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||1 Dec|
China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC)
|Saudi Arabia-Tabuk||19 Dec|