Job description / Role
- Monthly and yearly planning and scheduling of forest activities/projects.
- Plan and oversee the entire programme of work and anticipate job demands in terms of overall and individual activities which include time, labor, materials, and equipment and technical challenges.
- Selecting the appropriate techniques and sequences of events for a particular activity or series of activities.
- Determine the logistics of moving equipment and materials from location to location.
- Preparation and updating projects status, labor histogram and financial forecast.
- Preparing cash flow and activities/projects monitoring and update.
- Obtaining monthly progress reports against plans.
- Monitoring progress throughout the job and advise action to meet the schedule as well as investigate the sources of progress delay, if any.
- Liaise with contractors, other planners, team leaders and other team members throughout the project and make adjustments to tasks as necessary.
- Prepare detailed forecast and actual output (including weight charts) for all work activities.
- Implementation of Departmental procedure.
- Undertakes any other assignment related to the function as per instructions of the Central Regional Manager.
- Ideal candidate shall have a minimum of 4 years relevant experience as Planning Engineer in any of the following sectors:
- Construction / EPC / Environment / Landscaping
- Bachelors in Engineering in Civil or Mechanical major
- Activities/projects plans and updates
- Cash flow reports
- Activities/projects budgeting
- Reporting on the reason of failing to achieve expected progress
- Monthly progress reports against executed plans
- Hands-on experience in master time schedule (including material, equipment, tool and manpower scheduling) for all activities/projects.
- Excellent knowledge in forest maintenance.
- Knowledge in equipment.
- Experience in forest conservation issues and aspect.
- High organizational and managerial skills.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Leadership qualities to influence external/internal team for best results.
- Exhibit engineering problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge in firefighting and health and safety will be an advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge in Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft Project.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good working knowledge in AutoCAD, Google Earth and GIS.
About the Company
Barari Forest Management
Barari is in charge of the overall administration and custodianship of the majority of the forests in the emirate of Abu Dhabi. Our motivation to green the desert is planted within our core values. Barari currently manages more than 500 reserves and forests covering an area of 24,000 hectares with more than 18 million tress of different species, including ghaf, arak, sider and samar. Our innovative spin on the orthodox and established methods drives us far into the heights of possibilities in the industry.
Barari Forest management provides a variety of management activities to the forests and date palm trees ranging from the day-to-day activities to the developed core competencies. Our range of activities include; Irrigation system maintenance; ensuring that dripper irrigation system is maintained on the 80,000 hectares, which includes pumps and equipment's to abstract the irrigation water.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||17 Jul|
|Abu Dhabi||21 Jun|
Planning Engineer - Constructions
General Planning Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||5 Jul|