Job description / Role
Roles & responsibilities
- Understand project scope and establish planning, scheduling & reporting requirements in line with Contract Agreement.
- Responsible for developing resource loaded & logically sequenced detailed project baseline schedule for overall turnaround scope including pre-turnaround (Pre-TA), turnaround execution, and post turnaround (post-TA) phases.
- Establish formats & frequency for progress reporting of project.
- Verify & consolidate resource requirements (manpower, equipment’s, tools/ consumables) based on norms and project schedule requirements.
- Sets up alert for all important contractual & milestone dates.
- Assign tasks and supervises the works of Reporting engineers & Area Planners.
- Extract look-ahead schedules and provide to Construction team & Area planners for implementation.
- Monitor project progress & update project schedule versus baseline schedule; and adjust schedule for any scope change.
- Monitor Critical/ Near-critical activities and report any deviation from schedule to Turnaround manager & concerned SI.
- Provide scheduling support to Contract Engineer regarding any variation or change order.
- Attend craft/ FE turnover meetings. Communicate shift results and expectations for next shift.
- Review job packages and walk down assigned tasks/ progress with SI/ Supervisor.
- Arrange for preparation & submission of progress reports to client & HO.
- Managing between 5-10 planners
- 5 day working week based in Abu Dhabi
- Report to the Project Controls Manager
- An engineering degree (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Discipline) from accredited university.
- More than 8 years’ experience of working with Contractor/ Subcontractor in the Oil & Gas Refinery or Petrochemical Projects.
- 5+ years as Planning Engineer experience in GCC Middle East countries with min. 3+ years as Planner for refinery turnarounds.
- Must have good knowledge & experience of planning tools, software’s & techniques. Should have worked 5+ years on Primavera.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize & prioritize time/ workload and delegate work to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, schematics, diagrams and drawings.
- Must have good knowledge of turnaround process & events.
- Skilled at effective communications including good interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with management, contractors and engineers.
- Must possess & experience of resource (manpower, equipment’s, tools/ consumables) computations using norms.
- Good knowledge of MS Office & 365 platform apps is essential.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.