Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Planning Engineer to join our ongoing Infrastructure project in Abu Dhabi.
The Key Objectives of the Role:
• Ensure proactive project planning.
• Review and comment baseline programme submissions and re-submissions.
• Review and confirm actual progress across the contractor’s project schedule to validate the progress
• Updates and to develop the status reports for different stakeholders.
• Prepare variance analysis, critical path & near critical path analysis to identify reasons for any discrepancies and forecast and analyse any potential schedule impacts and forecasting of the time overruns/ under runs and/ or project completion.
• Identify likely time impact of the employer’s proposed changes to enable him make early and informed decisions.
• Assess the real impact of all delay events as claimed by the contractor for impact on the time for completion and entitled the contractor EOT and associated Prolongation costs.
• Carry out sensitivity analysis related to delay events to enable the client make informed decisions.
• Assist the Project Manager in determining the Extension of Time claims by the Contractor.
• Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of Bi Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports.
• Ensure the quality of the works during the construction stage by regular site visits and ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
• Participate in handing over of the work orders.
• Assist in preparation of Monthly Reports in coordination with Project Manager.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• With minimum of (8) years’ experience in the areas of "Scheduling and Planning" with renowned construction consultant/contractor firms
• Competent/Proficiency with Scheduling software P3, P6 ("Primavera Project Planner" - latest version)
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Planning & Cost Control Engineer
BAC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||30 Apr|