Job description / Role
Do you want to be part of a great team working on some of the world’s greatest engineering and construction projects with the latest software? Parsons is currently seeking a planning engineer to contribute expertise in scheduling, reporting, and earned value management. At this level, the Planning Engineer has sufficient training, technical expertise to work mostly independently on assigned projects.
• Review contractors' detailed - resource/cost loaded - baseline schedules and progress updates
• Develop reporting templates/formats, including executive level reports/presentations, detailed progress reports, project dashboards, etc.
• Review progress reports and presentations, analyze trends, and identifies schedule risks and mitigation plans
• Implement progress measurement model and coordinate with project team/stakeholders to collect progress data
• Utilize Earned Value Management techniques to evaluate schedule and cost performance metrics.
• Review contractors' variation/claim submissions and provide assessment on contractors' entitlements using industry best practices in terms of delay analysis techniques
• Represent Parsons in schedule/progress related meetings (both internally and externally) and discuss/present schedule and progress related matters
• Develop 'what-if scenarios' to assess potential impact of changes and risks on the project
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
• 10+ years of related work experience
• Experience on infrastructure/roads projects within a consultancy organization
• Proficient PC skills including proficiency in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office Suite.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.