Job description / Role
SSA Group has partnered with a private Real Estate Developer in the UAE to help identify an experienced Planning Manager to join their team.
• Develops fundamental knowledge of planning and scheduling concepts and principles including effects on financial performance.
• Develops familiarity with data sources for schedule development.
• Ability to identify and investigate project schedule variance.
• Collects data and updates and produces scheduling reports.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of work breakdown structures (WBS).
• Develops familiarity with construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting.
• Possesses a fundamental understanding of Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling. Able to review and understand engineering, procurement and construction schedule logic
• Assists in assembling data for schedule updating.
• Assists in the measurement of project schedule progress
• Develops knowledge of scope control, change management and earned value methodology.
• Supports data gathering and produces an initial analysis for schedule baseline development and maintenance data gathering.
• Exposure to basic scheduling and cost baseline fundamentals, concepts and principles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of Project Execution Strategy and Contract Packages
• Preparation of Master Programs and perform critical path analysis.
• Preparation and regular updates of Integrated Master Programs identifying project phases, interfaces and constraints
• Preparation of Enterprise Project Structure (EPS) and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Preparation of detailed design, procurement and construction schedules for the projects
• Integration of sub-contract schedules into master schedules
• Interface with Design and Cost Consultants
• Prepare and maintain project plans and schedules coordinates project procedures, including change order/variation order registers, and methods and norms for planning and scheduling
• Development of Project Organizations and allocation of appropriate Resources
• Development and reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Support project management in accomplishing project status review and performance control.
• Analyze critical paths and restraints to determine effect of changes on the schedule and recommends workarounds to mitigate impacts.
• Highlighting critical items; variance analysis, identification of schedule and cost trends.
• Develop Action and Recovery plans to support project delivery on time.
• Develop plans and recommendations for mitigation of impacts of schedule problems.
• Analyze progress reports against current baseline schedules.
• Perform schedule benchmarks and schedule risk analysis for different scenarios and review the outcome with the project management team including external stakeholders (e.g. contractors, partners, etc.)
• Preparation of look-ahead schedules for progress monitoring
• Preparation of progress reports and presentations for management
• Evaluating the contractor’s schedule, reviewing claims and notices
• Support management in review and analysis of all claims and negotiations
• B.Sc. Civil Engineering. M.Sc. preferred.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of Construction experience with at least 5 years experience working in the local market.
• Strong knowledge base in construction and project management.
• Conversant with Control Systems Applications such as Primavera and Microsoft Project.
• PMP certified preferred
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.
Planning Control Manager
Forensic Planning Manager - Major Exhibition Programme
Sr. Planning Engineer
MIDMAC Contracting Company