Job description / Role
We are looking for a Plant/ HVAC Engineer who will carry out all works as instructed in accordance with instructions, PPM and supporting procedures in a safe and efficient manner, to maintain a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors to our Hospital's core business.
The ideal candidate should be able to perform/ have the following skills:
• Having the ability to comprehend the design with the technical expertise and knowledge of the manufacturing, testing, operations, balancing, maintenance and fault rectification for HVAC installed equipment.
• Advisory and understanding of volumes, air changes and differential air pressures and the control mechanisms which affect / adjust the balance, quality and specifications required to comply with industry standards & regulatory mandate.
• Understanding of dew point, its effects, inherent problems and remedies to overcome.
• Ability to perform maintenance, servicing, repairs testing and commissioning of the HVAC system.
• Knowledge and experience of the methodologies and devices for testing and calibration of the desired parameters.
• Knowledge of the materials and installation criteria for ductwork design and installation for linear flow patterns, effects and efficiency. Participate in regular site walks to confirm building conditioned parameters; inc. feedback from the Client and Users
• Experience on the various types and requirements for insulation, materials and applications.
• Knowledge of refrigerant gases and the Montreal Protocols for their phasing out and replacement
• Ability to trouble shoot, repair and react to client and user needs
• Supervise and coordinate Mechanical work for the responsible area of discipline in accordance with the required O&M and PPM to meet or exceed KPI's, statutory requirements and Company procedures ensuring compliance with HSE and QA/QC policies and customer satisfaction.
• Assists in providing technical direction and on-the-job training to supervised staff
• Assigns and coordinates work to Drafters, Mechanical Technicians and Assistant Mechanical Technicians
• Conduct Tool Box Meetings when required
• Assumes the lead supervisory role on critical issues to be resolved
• Extensive experience in HVAC systems & comprehensive knowledge of air quality / conditioned environments
• Minimum 8 years experience as HVAC Eng. within Healthcare environment
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• BA / BSc. Mechanical or Electrical Eng. with influence towards HVAC Systems and Installations
• Professional membership to relevant Authorized Body
• Advance knowledge in mechanical engineering.
• Diploma in mechanical engineering
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.
Mechanical Engineer I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Dec|
Mechanical Engineer - Consultant
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||12 Dec|
Quest Search & Selection
HVAC & Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Foreman / Sr. HVAC & Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Foreman
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||3 Feb|