Job description / Role
The Plant & Transport Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the team and operations of the plant & transport unit by actioning strategic plans, both long and short term, which are aligned to the overall business growth strategy.
The individual will be required to support the overall objectives and tactics implemented at both a group and transport unit level, ensuring the transport unit has a viable solution that meets the wider operations needs.
- Maximising the performance of the plant; assuring that both the quality of service and the reflective cost incurred by the company are accountable
- Implementing preventative maintenance procedures and ensuring these are enforced by staff
- Full responsibility for all delivery, logistics, maintenance, repair, on / off hire, specifications and plant recommendations; both practically and commercially
- Coordinating the activities of all plant staff, on a daily basis and in the longer term
- Responsibility for optimising utilisation of all relevant plant equipments.
- Engaging with management teams across multiple business units to offer advice and guidance to provide a seamless transport delivery system
- Planning, execution and delivery of all contractual operations components from team management to client management
- Supporting business units in line with strategy, targets and goals
- Designing and delivering Innovate ways ‘to do business’ & provide a thought-provoking influence, constantly challenging the team to grow
- Managing the execution and delivery of transport solutions including end to end solutions Position Responsibilities Operations
- Ensure all planned scheduling requirements are met, be operationally able to ramp up/down based on seasonality and fluctuations
- Assist in developing and establish operating policies for Transportation with world-class industry and client standards
- Ensure the department is operating in compliance with all standard operating procedures appropriate
- Health and Safety standards, regulatory requirements, and legislations
- Lead the operational team responsible for the delivery of transport solutions Operational Excellence
- Ensure direct reports are focused on value added activity, working towards achieving the goals
- Influence and drive the continuous improvement and operational excellence of the business unit capability through people, processes, tools, information, and governance.
- Ensure appropriate and satisfactory systems are in place for monitoring the team’s performance against plans and budgets.
- To help drive continuous improvement through process and system enhancements to optimise the overall team’s operational capacity
- Work with the Head of Department to ensure employee potential is maximised by devising training and development strategies; encouraging cross-team activities/participation and a coaching/mentoring approach
- Identifies top talent and contributes to the recruitment of roles, maintaining efficient and effective execution of operations within the team.
AED 13,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing Plant & Transport with a Civil Construction Company in UAE
- Engineering Degree is a plus
- Currently available in UAE
- Sound knowledge of heavy plant & fleet equipment; including dozers/cranes etc.
- Technical competence with regards to challenges and repair of equipment
- Available for immediate joining is a plus
About the Company
A leading construction company in the UAE.
Logistics Executive - Local Transportation
Petrochem Middle East
Head of Logistics and Fleet Management - Hazardous Goods
Head of Logistics
RTC-1 Employment Services
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|