Job description / Role
REPORTS TO: Plumbing Supervisor & Maintenance Engineer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To maintain all plumbing equipment and installations in good working condition by carrying out necessary repairs and preventive maintenance.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following:
- Reports to the Plumbing Supervisor, Maintenance Engineer ,PPM Engineer/Shift Leader regarding daily work progress and trouble report completion.
- Attains all plumbing trouble reports on daily basis. Guest room trouble is given priority.
- Works closely with plumbing technician, Supervisor/PPM engineer and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
These includes but are not limited to the following:
- Able to read Building, plumbing drawings.
- Able to installing, repairing and maintaining fittings, fixtures and pipes.
- Able to fault find and repair procedures and methods as well as the proper materials, tools and equipment utilized in plumbing repair and maintenance work.
- Able to know safe types of methods and requirements, procedures and equipment.
- Estimates labor, material and total cost of installation and repair tasks.
- Able to trace the cause of problems on water well, sewer lift, plumbing and irrigation problems and subsequently make repairs.
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programs.
- Flexible and team player - able to work on own initiative.
- Good understanding of water treatment techniques and able to handle chemicals.
- Carries out guest room maintenance according to schedule program.
- Works closely with electrician to carry out electrical work when required, including functions and parties.
- Daily plumbing log sheet to be filled and temperature to be recorded.
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by supervisor.
- Able to maintains records and reports of water systems operations.
- Keeps all necessary tools in good working condition, keep their working place neat and clean.
- Able to work in full cooperation with other workers.
- Able to know how to speak and write in a clear and professional manner.
- Able to be in good communication.
- Understand the Raffles Brand and operating standards.
- Participate and assist in other projects as required.
- Minimum 5 years plumbing installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/Commercial Projects. Luxury Hotels - Hospitals experience preferred.
- Good all round practical trade skills inclusive fabrication, installation and maintenance.
- Secondary School + Technical College or equal.
- Trade Certificates, City & Guild or equal.
- Preferable apprentice time service candidate.
- Age 25+, Smart, Tidy and Alert.
- Good Basic English.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.