Job description / Role
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
HYDE HOTEL DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo are designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge are designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
The Plumber operates, maintains and repairs water supply and drainage components; distribution systems; steam generators; LP gas systems; and major consumption equipment for the hotel. He will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Chief Engineer & his Supervisors.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all work follows safe work practices and procedures
- Responds immediately to all work requests which concern Health and Safety
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Operates, maintains, and repairs all water works and steam generation related equipment
- Operates, maintains, and repairs LP gas systems/equipment for storage, delivery, and usage
- Ensures the optimum performance of all plumbing related equipment by effectively following the preventive maintenance and the shift readings programs
- Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment usage and energy efficiency
- Completes all work orders with due diligence
- Maintains a daily log book highlighting problems and solutions; and activities
- Maintain plumbing shop drawings
- Maintain equipment catalog and tagging directories
- Actively participates in the monthly departmental meeting by providing feedback and offering suggestions for improvement
- Completes tasks as assigned by Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer
- Maintains health and safety documentation and records for the assigned area
- Reports and documents potential safety hazards
- Participates as directed in the emergency response team
- Proficient in plumbing, pipe and gas fitting repair and maintenance plus basic knowledge of one other building operations skill set
- The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials.
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- An energetic and dynamic personality
- High School graduate, related technical or trades certification
- At least 2 years experience as a service technician, preferably in the hospitality or hospital industry; previous supervisory experience preferred
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.