Plumbing Design Engineer
Central Asia Development Group (CADG)
Job description / Role
The Primary purpose of this position is to support the Design Coordinator in producing Plumbing and Mechanical Designs for inclusion in Project Bids. While the primary job location will be Dubai, UAE, this position may be required to travel and / or be based in other countries depending on the needs of the company.
• Design plumbing systems including sanitary waste, vent, storm, domestic water distribution systems, compressed air systems, and natural gas or propane systems.
• Plumbing calculations including water supply, storm, and equipment sizes
• Selects, schedules, and sizes basic plumbing system components including plumbing fixtures and equipment.
• Produce plumbing plans, schedules, details, and diagrams using AutoCAD software
• Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
• Liaise with associated team members to ensure the effective communication and execution of design
• Liaise with suppliers to gain knowledge and understanding of the equipment to be used and ensure fit for purpose and procurement
• Provide technical support and guidance for installation and commissioning activities
Knowledge and Experience
• Mechanical Engineering Degree desirable
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Design Engineer preferably in multiple disciplines
• Knowledge of relevant British and European EN Regulations is essential
• Knowledge of various Building, Plumbing, Fire, Energy Conservation, and Fuel Gas codes
• Experience of renewable energy desirable
• Track record of interacting effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of government, private sector, and civil society counterparts
• Familiar with developing Specifications and Standards
• Computer literate in Microsoft applications in particular Microsoft Excel and MS Teams
• Experience in AutoCAD desirable
• Professional proficiency in English
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to explain instructions and procedures to vendors and customers
• Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards
• Has a strong sense of ownership
• Ability to assess, make decisions and address situations
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.