Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a PMC Lead Technical Safety Engineer to work on a newly awarded project in Abu Dhabi, UAE for ADNOC Group. Responsibilities include;
- Supervises, coordinates and directs the Technical Safety discipline work in the preparation of technical reports, technical specifications, drawings and purchase requisitions
- Performs safety engineering calculations, using MS Office or specialized software, e.g., risk and consequence calculations, calculations related to flaring and venting, hazardous area classification, firewater demand estimates
- Reviews man-hour budget, schedule and project scope for the discipline portion of the work
- Prepares Project Change Notices for submittal to the Project Engineering Manager for changes in the scope of work, delays or other reasons and assist in cost estimate of the change
- Participates in design reviews (e.g., HAZID and HAZOP).
- Prepare client reports / documentation on the project work conducted. This includes philosophies, analysis work, safety engineering calculations, design reviews Performance Standards and specifications. Prepares Formal Safety Assessment studies, prepares Safety Cases (if required)
- Coordinates with other Discipline Leads and Project Engineering Manager or Project Engineers to ensure a functional project
- Reviews drawings and documents of other Project disciplines at appropriate times to ensure that the drawings are in compliance with the requirements of the project. Conversely, ensures that discipline documents and drawings are submitted for review to other disciplines in time for them to react and feed-back comments before scheduled release dates
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university with minimum 15 years relevant experience in the oil / gas industry mainly in onshore / offshore upstream sector.
- Must have been involved in safety, HAZOP reviews during front end engineering design phase and detailed engineering, procurement & construction phase of similar projects
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.