Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for PMC Specialist QAQC Engineer to join our ADNOC Offshore project.
- In this role you will be responsible to monitor the effectiveness of project quality management systems.
- Surveillance on Contractor's quality management system, to ensure the establishment of a trained, qualified and competent quality team, to actively mentor team members, conduct professional development reviews and recommend suitable candidates.
- Supervise the implementation of technical integrity verification.
- Performs duties on assigned package as would a Quality Manager and interacts with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor's Quality Managers as required
- Manages the quality control and surveillance plan activities for the package, assigns planned surveillance activities to the team as required
- Holds weekly meetings with his EPC's Quality Managers / Subcontractors as required
- Manages the Non - conformance report (NCR), Corrective Action Request (CAR), programs for the package with a direct link to the Project Management Consultant (PMC) Quality Manager on all issues
- Provides weekly, bi - weekly or monthly quality reports to PMC Quality Manager for issuance to company
- Manages the assigned PMC Quality Control Inspectors under assigned package, Civil, Mechanical, Welding and Electrical
- Chairs weekly Quality Meeting with PMC Quality Control staff for individual unit, for any issues and concerns.
- Attends PMC construction meetings for assigned package or unit with any issues concerns and corrective actions that may need to be highlighted to the PMC Project Manager
- Direct reporting line back to PMC Quality Manager for any and all quality issues as required
- Assists Project Management Team (PMT) / Customer as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Fifteen years of experience mainly being in oil and gas industry
- Five years' experience in similar quality position
- Familiar with ISO 9000 standards
- Trained / Certified ISO 9001 quality auditor ideal but not required
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or quality
- Experience in PMC / EPC organizations handling quality assurance and quality control related to major projects
- FEED/ EXECUTE experience in offshore projects (Gulf / Reputed Companies)
- Experienced in review and of Project Welding specification, can provide technical welding expertise and solution to Project team on welding issues
- Experienced in Review of welding procedures applicable for Offshore structures/ Inconel/ SDSS Piping and Pipelines
- Thorough knowledge of welding requirements of Carbon, low alloy steel, Stainless, Duplex SS, Nickel alloy is essential
- Experienced in Welding Code and standards such as ASME sec IX, ASME B31.3 , API 1104, AWS D1.1 etc.
- Experienced In Welding failure analysis and RCA International Welding Membership is preferred
- Extensive Auditing experience
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.