Job description / Role
The PMO Operations Director is responsible for simplification, standardization, process adherence, and team collaboration across functions to enable projects executions and fulfillment excellence. This role will focus on rigorous project review rhythm, and achievement of key project milestones. Additionally, key priorities will include enhancing complex projects capabilities, cost out, reducing risk and accelerating operational performance.
The PMO Operations Director will ensure full integration between the estimating, cost control, planning/scheduling, and risk management functions within projects.
• Responsible for implementation of the operating rhythm across projects/programs to ensure consistent process compliance.
• Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly progress dashboard/reports/presentations; assisting in establishing / delivering formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client and project
• Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of workload forecasting process and drive Cost out initiatives and improve OTD
• Anticipate, plan, execute and measure operational and business risk mitigation including those impacting the overall region project portfolio
• Lead cross functional prioritization of contract requirements, drive process adherence and team coordination between functions
• Ensure contractual revenue recognition terms are met and paced to business
• Develop and implement region business processes, programs & procedures to improve region operations
• Integrate with the other key members of the region leadership team to drive growth, strategic planning and service excellence
• Engage with sub-regions and Product Lines leadership to strengthen operations, collaboration and expand Service offerings to new growth solutions.
• Drive Productivity with outage focused initiative implementation during the preparation & execution phases.
• Work with HQ and region teams to identify, develop and communicate best practices and sharing; furthermore lead implementation of applicable operational and quality procedures, systems and processes and partner with the ITO team to Implement best practices during the ITO phase and set strategy early on
• Manage the Operations and Project Controls team
• Interface with the project management team and all key stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to create competitive advantage and deliver on complex projects
• Drive project and portfolio level revenue, margin, cash pacing, cost control tracking and reporting system/process and implement it with a purpose to report and control variance and improve financial position of project(s)
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• 5 years of experience in project management/or project controls management in the Gas power industry.
• At least 10 years of combined experience in product management, services, operations, commercial or gas power experience
• Engineering, technology, commercial, quality, or a related function
• Understanding of business and project financials (Orders, Sales, CM, OM, Pacing, Margin Review, Cash)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong senior stakeholder management experience, and strong experience leading teams
• Strong operational experience in power generation industry.
• PMP certified
• Experience in strategic planning and complex project management execution
• Demonstrated success in change management and organizational transformation
• Strong leadership and Influencing skills; experience interfacing with customers in a demanding environment
• Accountability and ownership
• Familiar with power generation equipment design, manufacturing and installation
• Demonstrated success in prior project or site management involving financial responsibility
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality or lean certification
• Ability to understand customer environment and work empathetically with customers
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.