Job description / Role
- Responsible for arranging accurate, timely and safe delivery or collection of spares / husbandry / manpower requirements of vessels calling on the UAE East Coast (Fujairah, Khorfakkan, Kalba and Dibba)
- Coordinate with the boat, vendors and the port for the timely arrangements of the services to the vessels.
- Analyse schedule of vessels calling Fujairah and plan delivery / collection of items / personnel as required by principals/vessels
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently manning Operations Section in order to provide 24/7 contact point for vessels calling on the UAE East Coast
- Ensure all stakeholder’s incoming messages are acknowledged and attended if urgent action is required or appropriately forwarded to the concerned persons as per procedure
- Ensure all after office hours requirements from customers are complied where possible by direct attendance or immediate coordination with the concerned staff / parties when necessary
- Ensure accurate information is provided on a timely manner as required by vessel / concerned parties
- Responsible for ensuring effective implementation / compliance of Management Requirements as per Kanoo Shipping Operational / Quality / HSSE Procedures and Policies
- Monitor suppliers to ensure Kanoo Shipping Operational / Quality / HSSE / Accounting requirements are strictly complied at all times
- Close coordination and clarifying with concerned parties / principals / vessel command for any issues or discrepancy in information that could affect accuracy, timeliness or safety of cargo delivery to vessels calling UAE East Coast / destination
- Updates customers for status of required spares/husbandry / personnel delivery or collection arrangements
- Ensure all suppliers utilized are approved
- Responsible for the strict compliance to the Cash to Master handling and security procedures
- Coordinating with Supervisor – Offshore / Shipping Operations for Cash to Master requirements upon receipt of instructions from principals/vessels
- Ensure all required arrival and departure information are obtained from the vessel and relayed to AgencyNow Coordinator / all concerned parties as per procedure
- Ensure that AgencyNow Coordinator is provided with call file update information for vessels calling UAE East Coast
- Close coordination with concerned authorities / parties for provision of berth, equipment, manpower and reports / documentation requirements of the vessel calling inport in UAE East Coast
- Responsible for providing support coordination required during loading and discharging cargo of all appointed vessels
- Provided required updates to customers for equipment/other required arrangements
- Coordination and clarifying with concerned parties / principals / vessel command for any issues or discrepancy
- Carry out actions for the overall performance improvement of Operations Section as agreed during regular monitoring of performance, formulated policies / standing instructions given, discussions with management, guidance to Shipping Executive – Operations, etc.
- Ensure all customer complaints and safety breaches are reported to Supervisor – Offshore / Shipping Operations
- Execute corrective and preventive actions as required
- Compiles operational records as per procedure
- Responsible for the strict compliance to the Emergency Response procedures in cases of emergencies
- Responsible for improvement of performance in carrying out responsibilities to achieve customer requirements
- Reporting to Offshore Operation Manager
- 2-5 years of Experience in the same role
- Currently working in a shipping agency in Fujairah
- Excellent in Communication
- Thorough knowledge in shipping, ports and offshore husbandry operations
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Ras Al Khaimah||29 Dec|
Emad Trade House
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE