Job description / Role
The main tasks for Porters:
• Safely transport patients in wheel chairs and general assisting/guiding patients
• Direct and escort guests to the relevant clinic and department
• Greet and welcome guests to the hospital
• Transport laundry (clean/dirty) to the relevant areas
• On request, move equipment and furniture
• Collect and deliver laboratory specimens and pharmaceutical products.
• Send, upload and receive x-rays and laboratory results
• Escort patients
• Collect and deliver CSSD instruments
• Assist in the making of beds
• Transfer patients from the Admission Office to the Wards
• Move wastes when requested
• Deliver mail, files and samples as required
• Man the hospital’s Information desk
• Clean equipment and restocks supplies
• Assist in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies
• Organize and participate in regular departmental activities, meetings and/or reports.
• Maintain good interdepartmental liaison.
• Works actively with staff to ensure service delivery is of a high standard.
• Communicate using appropriate terminology for the guest, their families and other healthcare professionals.
• Maintain confidentiality and objectivity in accordance with the ethics of the hospital.
• Demonstrate cooperative and harmonious working relationships.
The porters will be covering both clinical and Non-clinical areas
AED 1,500 to 2,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to respond to, and follow verbal instructions in English and simple Arabic.
• Demonstrate ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.
• Demonstrate maturity and accountability for job performance.
• Promotes confidentiality and uses complete discretion when discussing information.
• Promotes a positive corporate image, utilizing good public relation skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of current computer system used in the organization.
• Demonstrate adherence to safety and risk management policies as evidenced by in-service attendance records and employee practices.
About the Company
ADNH Compass operates in the Middle East as a partnership between Abu Dhabi National Hotels and Compass Group PLC.
Compass Group is the world’s leading provider of food and support services, renowned for our great people, great service and great results. We are a FTSE top 30 company operating in over 50 countries, we employ over 500,000 people and serve over 4 billion meals a year. Compass Group is a truly global organisation generating revenues in excess of £17 billion last year.