Job description / Role
Our client is a prestigious, leading, UAE-based family with a strong, diversified portfolio of companies across the UAE. We are seeking an experienced portfolio manager to assist with the development of a Family Office.
Our client is a large family group based out of the UAE. The group has a strong, diversified portfolio of companies that span across automotive, services, technology, real estate, and logistics.
* Develop investment strategy for the office and manage the execution process
* Originate, advice and recommend CFO and Investment Committee on investment opportunities
* Evaluate the potential risks and develop the action plan
* Manage partnerships with other investment companies
* Create, implement and coordinate a comprehensive family financial strategy, including an accompanying Investment Policy (IP)
* Organise and implement an asset allocation strategy built around the principles and benchmarks as indicated in IP and agreed by Investment Committee
* Maintain and monitor multiple and segregated family financial strategies, IP and asset allocation strategies
* Develop and maintain and account aggregation platform. Enables FO with reporting and risk metrics/analytics capabilities
* Research and identify the best money managers around the world to implement the applicable allocations towards each specific asset class
* Source, select, diversify, and monitor the money managers who carry out the actual investing of various aspects of the portfolio, including cash management, bonds, equities, alternatives, and derivatives
* Excellent opportunity to build investments portfolio from the ground-up and actively participate in decision making
* Competitive salaries and strong bonus and benefits package
* Position based in Dubai
* 8+ years of portfolio management experience within an asset/wealth management firm or family office
* Experience in investments across asset classes and geographies required
* Experience in managing portfolios required, candidates with solely research or advisory experience will not be considered
* Excellent knowledge of the financial markets and financial tools
* Deep understanding of the global economy and capital markets, equity and fixed income analysis, asset allocation, portfolio construction and risk management of portfolios, and strong analytic and communication skills
* Experience of financial writing
* Experience of organising and editing large documents
* Able to write clearly on technical details of financial markets
* Team player with a positive disposition who works extremely well with subordinates, engagement of peers and superiors as well as clients as appropriate
* Ability to operate independently
* Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Excellent command of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.