Job description / Role
- The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the management, business analysis and oversight of WBG's demand and projects.
- The Portfolio Manager will also be responsible for establishing and managing a portfolio of projects within the Wholesale and Transaction Banking Group, to deliver all activities within agreed constraints of time, budget and quality. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- The jobholder will interact with business users to ascertain their needs and undertake the implementation of selected package solutions or development of systems based solutions in order to meet business requirement. He/she will perform all Project management responsibilities, prepare and maintain project plans, monitor progress reports, act as liaison between IT and user departments.
- Shaping the change agenda for WBG, working with General Managers and their direct reports to prioritize key change initiatives in line with the strategic direction of CBD
- Direct the delivery of programs through active sponsorship, leadership and involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost and quality requirements
- Implement an effective review, reporting and presentation structure for all projects/programs
- Conduct program evaluations
- Work closely with key stakeholders responsible for delivery of the constituent workstreams within the program
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all senior business unit stakeholders including General Managers and external vendors as required and ensuring effective portfolio communications
- Ensuring portfolio resources are appropriate to enable the necessary operational and strategic capability
- Facilitating Steering Committees and any other governance forums to ensure alignment and that strategically important changes remain on track for delivery
- Managing senior stakeholders in uncovering and resolving potential conflicts or disagreements about project priorities
- Managing a portfolio of multiple projects - managing their interdependencies, resourcing and any proposed changes which may affect project priorities
- Identifying resourcing needs in line with the portfolio plan
- Establish project plan and initiate project mobilization by confirming project scope, estimate, resources, roles and responsibilities
- Monitor and control execution of project though Analyze, Design, Build, Test and Release
- Provide leadership and decision making support by establishing project governance
- Perform project reporting including overall performance of the program and project completion documentation
- Lead efforts around work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of business perspective work plans to determine the required tasks and resources (process, functional, etc.) for complex projects spanning multiple business units
- Provide appropriate performance feedback for project team members.
- Coach and mentor project team members on best practices, including solution delivery and IT value.
- Provide input around the hiring, supervising, training and promotion of candidates as needed.
- Lead medium to large scale IT projects for a business unit within time, budget and specification constraints.
- Demonstrate competency in coordinating all aspects of a large, complex project involving multiple IT disciplines.
- Coordinate projects with other on-going efforts.
- Manage the scope change process and issue identification/resolution with all stakeholders.
- Monitor and communicate status to senior leadership. Communicate and incorporate feedback from customers.
- Craft and implement communication plans requiring cultural change within the organization.
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues.
- Facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation to senior management.
- Define quality standards and ensure compliance.
- Prepare project completion documentation with project performance, lesson learned.
- Ensure access to sensitive information pertaining to the Bank, and ongoing and future projects are maintained in strict confidence
- Extensive understanding in IT Project Management,
- Excellent understanding Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables)
- Excellent understanding of Banking Domains (in particular Wholesale and Corporate Banking, Transaction Banking, etc.)
- Graduation degree or more.
- Professional certification in Project Management
- At least 10 years of experience in Program and Project Management, Business Analysis, Portfolio Management, IT Operating Model and IT Management
- Excellent understanding of waterfall and agile development methodologies and its pros, cons and implication in different scenarios
- Exceptional track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of projects
- Experience of managing multiple and complex projects to quality, time and budget
- Strong track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of projects
- Ability to manage Agile and Non-Agile projects
- Ability to manage relationships with internal business customers
- Excellent written and verbal English communications
- Analysis, conceptualization
- Leadership and team management
- Planning and organization
- Problem solving
- Excellent Interpersonal relations skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Able to multi-task and work under stress in a fast-paced environment
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.